Old 22-10-2003, 05:12 PM
colette

Default dracena marginata

Hi; I wonder if anyone out there can help me with this plant, it is
called a dracena marginata and it has yellow tips on the leaves, also
I am unsure how often to water it?? Thanks Colette
Old 22-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Steve Wolfe

Hi; I wonder if anyone out there can help me with this plant, it is
called a dracena marginata and it has yellow tips on the leaves, also
I am unsure how often to water it?? Thanks Colette

If the leaves are going yellow, it's usually because it's getting
watered too much. If they go brown, they're not getting enough.
Dracaenas don't like to have their roots soggy.

If the plant is sizeable (leaves are at least 10-12"), then they can be
used as a fairly accurate gauge of water - when the plant has been given
more water, they'll droop under the weight. As the water in the plant
lessens, the leaves will "perk up" more. I generally keep mine on the
lighter side, so that the leaves stay more "perky".

steve

Old 22-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Tom Randy

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:06:04 -0400, colette wrote:

Hi; I wonder if anyone out there can help me with this plant, it is
called a dracena marginata and it has yellow tips on the leaves, also I
am unsure how often to water it?? Thanks Colette

Go he http://www.dracaena.com/Marginata.asp

Also remember that google.com is your friend!