Old 10-01-2004, 09:42 PM
John Watts

Default Oriental Poppy

Does anybody have any experince with oriental poppies.I planted 1 plant this
fall fromWhites flower farm.Also have seeds to plant this spring.Can I start
the seeds indoors?

Old 11-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Pam - gardengal

"John Watts" wrote in message
Does anybody have any experince with oriental poppies.I planted 1 plant

this
fall fromWhites flower farm.Also have seeds to plant this spring.Can I

start
the seeds indoors?

I grow a number of different oriental poppies - what did you want to know?
Seeds can be started indoors - need bottom heat of 65-68F, should germinate
in about 2 weeks.

pam - gardengal

Old 11-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Pen

Indoor sowing is easy, they sprout about 1-4 weeks for me with fresh
seeds. Give them lots of root space and they're easier to transplant
outdoors later. They also tend to be leggy and fragile when young so
protect from damp-off and fungus gnats. I've found gnat larvae
gnawing at young seedlings.