Old 14-01-2004, 01:43 AM
Pam - gardengal

Default Wind Chimes--respectful neighbors

wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:46:12 -0800,
(paghat) wrote:

Wind chims in gardens are horrifying. They are noisy & annoying & disturb
the natural sounds a garden can engender with birds & crickets & rainfall
& rustling leaves & water features.

When some loon collects ten to sixty rackety hanging bits of ugly-ass
chimes to dangle all around the edges of their home, they make themselves
a nuisance to their neighborhood. Such collectors should be shot dead by
their own drug-dealing teenagers during a drive-by, the corpse buried
under dismantled windchimes & left to decay right there on the

broken-down
porch of the chimester's trailer house.

-paghat the ratgirl

damnation.............i thought i was the only one that got annoyed at
the things banging and clanking all day and night! especially the
clay one that clank

one time, on a beautiful snowy night with a light breeze, silent
night, holy nights, i got so ****ed off at a pile of junk shattering
the tranquility, that i jumped over the neighbors fence and
cut all the wires on all the pieces of the chime and piled them up at
their sliding deck door, they must have gotten the message, peace
reigned

And I guess if their dog was barking, you'd jump the fence and do him in as
well. Did you ever consider telling them it was annoying and ask them to
take it down before you trespassed and destroyed private property? And why
do you think your desire/right for peace and quiet supercedes theirs for
what they obviously considered an appealling ornament hanging on THEIR
property? If you pulled that stunt with me, I'd promptly go out and buy a
dozen of the biggest, loudest freaking windchimes I could find and hang them
from every corner and then set up fans to blow them around just in case
there wasn't enough wind. And I don't even care about the things one way or
the other, but I'd sure as hell be ****ed if YOU decided to do something
about 'em without even the simple courtesy of asking first.

Old 14-01-2004, 04:12 AM

at 11:30 at night it is easier to do what has to be done
than to ask permission

and i certainly agree that whatever gives you pleasure in your
space is fine with me

when it intrudes into my space you have lost control of your pleasure
and intruded on mine

not everyone like vanilla ice cream or the scent of channel # 5

so if you like that, fine

but why should i have to like it too, especially if i have an allergic
reaction to it and will be in great discomfort if forced to taste,
hear, or smell it?

bill

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:35:08 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
wrote:

.. .

Old 14-01-2004, 07:02 AM
B & J

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message

[...]

Jeez, did you ever strike a nerve! I would take a whole yard full of wind
chimes in our neighbor's yard compared to one yapping (screaming), little
dog that never quits. These new neighbors put the beast out on a chain in
the morning when they go to work and don't take it in until they return home
in the afternoon. I can't work in the yard during the day without the thing
driving me crazy nor open a windows without being invaded by its noise.

We recently politely asked the neighbor if he would do something about its
constant screaming and made some suggestions about collars or training. He
became belligerent and yelled at us because we came into his yard to
complain about his dog and told us he would make his dog stop barking with
the barking bothered him.

The city has ordinances about noisy animals, but the county area were we
live has none. The thought about jumping over the fence (actually a gully
divides our property) and doing it in has occurred to me! Any worthwhile
suggestions are welcome........

John

Old 14-01-2004, 07:32 AM
paghat

In article , "B & J"
wrote:

[...]

A dog that yipes day & night will first earn the owner citations & fines
-- you should talk to both the police & to animal control about your
options. If more than one neighbor is harrassed by the miserable dog & you
unite in reporting misbehavior, it will be taken more seriously by the
law. In most cities, after an initial couple of fines, if it continues,
the dog will be taken away from owners who haven't sense enough to train
it. As no one is apt to want to adopt a grown animal that obnoxious, it
will be destroyed. So in fact no one has to jump over the fence to kill it
as Pam speculates -- the system destroys that kind of dog all the time --
which is sad, but it is the fault of the sort of moron who keeps an
untrained dog -- OR a shitload of banging clanging windchimes!

The owner of such a dog IS an evil person not only for annoying the
neighbors by raising such an unhappy demented animal, but also for putting
the animal itself at risk. The owner of nuisance wind chimes is SLIGHTLY
less evil merely because the destruction of said chimes will be a
meritorious act rather than an unfortunate end to a life. I agree with Pam
only insofar as I do believe the bad dog owner, like the bad windchime
owner, are pretty close parallels, they're both appalling people. But
baring in mind you may have to live next door to the chime or dog owning
loon a long long time, perhaps the problem can be remedied by being very
kind & helpful in suggesting said loon commits suicide so that everyone
ends up happy.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 14-01-2004, 04:02 PM
John Catron

prozac for dogs, it's herbal I'm told by my vet who suggested it for Sugar
to calm her down while I was gone since she has such seperation anxiety when
we're all gone (that and I now put her in a crate until Mike gets home or me
and lets her out......until she gets the message that she can't rip things
up when we're all gone, that's where she'll go when we're all gone.
Eventually I was told she'll also associate this as her safe place.......)
MY luck she will continue to come to me with tail tucked under in "I've been
a baaaad dawg Ma" despite that she's in the crate. Mike said she refused to
eat yeasterday but stayed right up under him the whole time after he got
home. She thinks she's been bad (she has, but she really doesn't know) and
is associating the crate with something her little dawg brain can't quite
grasp.

But Stonegate Vet down the road assured me over time she would adjust to the
crate and eventually mature to where she doesn't rip things when we all
leave her, out of her insecurity. The doggie sedatives she told me were
herbal and available at most pet stores. Try those put into a little canned
dog food for the pooch and just smile at yer neighbor when he wonders why
Pepe is sleeping so much. Harmless is the assurance I got, I just haven't
the $ to get Sugar any right now..........hope this helps John.......
maddie

Old 14-01-2004, 11:32 PM
H Hornblower

My Grandfather was nearly deaf. He had several wind chimes
given to him as gifts. I was amazed at the volume of the things when
I stayed there a couple of nights and I was glad to leave. He was
clueless about their annoyance value.
Anyone have any experience with electronic dog bark preventers
that output some sound unpleasant to the dog when it barks?
Old 15-01-2004, 03:12 AM
B & J

"John Catron" wrote in message
[...]

I know the idiot wouldn't consider Prozac because he doesn't consider the
yapping any of our business, and he's gone when the beast does most of its
screaming. Maybe I should get a Prozac prescription for myself and learn to
ignore the miserable dog.

John

Old 15-01-2004, 11:02 AM
BonnieJean

I have a Tritronics Bark Limiter for my dog when he occasionally won't shut
up. It is an electronic zapper though, not they type you mentioned.
Bonnie

Old 15-01-2004, 11:12 AM
BonnieJean

I have a Tritronics Bark Limiter for my dog when he occasionally won't shut
up. It is an electronic zapper though, not they type you mentioned.
Bonnie

"H Hornblower" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with electronic dog bark preventers
that output some sound unpleasant to the dog when it barks?

[IMG] code is On

Wind, wind and more wind. David Hill United Kingdom 5 03-01-2014 11:03 PM
Wind Chimes kind of Starlord Gardening 10 03-02-2004 02:17 PM
Wind Chimes kind of Starlord Gardening 1 01-02-2004 10:35 PM
Wind Chimes kind of Starlord Gardening 0 01-02-2004 10:09 PM
Wind Chimes Broomhilda Gardening 1 21-01-2004 04:43 PM