Old 23-03-2004, 09:42 PM
active805

Default English ivy in need of shade and water

I live in a part of California that is Sunset Zone 15. I have a plot
of English Ivy ground cover that measures about 450 square feet. Most
of my plot gets too much sun in the summer, causing it to burn. I
want to screen the plot during mid-day, but how? Is there a fabric
sheeting I could lay on top of the plants? What a hassle that will
be. Any recommendations? Perhaps I could shade it with Italian
Cypress, but that would really alter the landscape.

Will extra watering protect English Ivy from the ravages of the
California sun? I am thinking of installing a drip system, but there
are so many types of drip emitters, and I don't know much about that.

[IMG] code is On

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
English ivy in need of shade and water in the desert Cereus-validus Gardening 33 28-03-2004 05:05 PM
English ivy in need of shade and water active805 Gardening 0 23-03-2004 09:32 PM
Shade shade shade stephane Boutin United Kingdom 6 18-05-2003 06:32 AM