Old 01-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Roger Ramjet

Default Weed KIller Froze in Shed During Winter

Hello,
My Bayer Lawn Weed Killer concentrate froze this past winter while stored im
my shed. The label says do not allow it to freeze. Was it weed killing
capabilities compromised because it did freeze?

thxs.

Old 01-05-2004, 04:02 PM
J. Del Col

"Roger Ramjet" wrote in message .net...
Hello,
My Bayer Lawn Weed Killer concentrate froze this past winter while stored im
my shed. The label says do not allow it to freeze. Was it weed killing
capabilities compromised because it did freeze?

thxs.

Probably; that's why the warning is there. Dispose of it safely.

J. Del Col
Old 01-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Roger Ramjet

The warning could of been put there for safety reason-freezing may cause
the container to burst.

m...

Old 01-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Brian

It is usual in the UK to have a tel. no. on each container for advice and
help. Designed for emergencies but they would be able to advise. I would not
have thought that freezing would have changed its properties.
Best Wishes. Brian

Old 02-05-2004, 02:02 AM
David Hare-Scott

"Brian" wrote in message
It is usual in the UK to have a tel. no. on each container for advice and
help. Designed for emergencies but they would be able to advise. I would

not
have thought that freezing would have changed its properties.
Best Wishes. Brian

I am inclined to agree that freezing is not likely to alter the chemical
properties. If the mix is an emusion it may destabilise it into its
components - which would be why the warning is on the tin. Check the
contents for consistency. Has it separated into layers or floating globules
or lumps? If so you may be able to restore it by letting it warm up in the
sun and then shaking hard. If it has lumps then don't spray it as it may
clog your sprayer, if not give it a try as the worst that can happen is it
doesn't work.

David

Old 06-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Brigitte J.

"Roger Ramjet" wrote in message
. net...
Hello,
My Bayer Lawn Weed Killer concentrate froze this past winter while stored

im
my shed. The label says do not allow it to freeze. Was it weed killing
capabilities compromised because it did freeze?

thxs.

Roger,
In the spring of 2001 I purchased a gallon of Round-up and have had it
stored in my garage ever since. It has frozen several times and is still
effective. I used the same gallon last week on some weeds and they are
slowly dying. I didn't expect the product to be any good after having
frozen and thawed in the garage so many times.

Brigitte

Old 07-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Outsidelightson

Speaking of weed killer...what kind is safest for the grass? The type I'm
using seems to kill the grass also.