Old 04-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Sallyrat&Sweetie

Default id this plant please

HI:

I have a houseplant that is not doing well but I have to figure out what it
is before I look up the cure, obviously :-) I think I knew at one time what
it was but I don't remember. It almost has the same colouring as a
wandering jew but it is more sturdy and it had really tiny insignificant
flowers at one time.I don't have a picture of it unfortunately

TIA

Sally

Old 04-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Cereus-validus

Maybe a Callisia or Gibasis species?

Are the flowers sessile on a spike or on a much branched panicle?

. ..

Old 05-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Elizabeth

I wonder if it might be Ludesia discolor?

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

. ..

Old 09-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Sallyrat&Sweetie

Thanks

but it isn't a Callisia, Giasis, Ludesia discolour or Maranta leuconeura.
It has been so long that I can't remember what the flowers look like but I
think they were sessile

Thanks for trying!