high nitrogen fertiliser

Old 06-07-2004, 08:02 AM
ooha

Default high nitrogen fertiliser

What are the most inexpensive sources of chemical fertilizers for high
nitrogen application?

Old 06-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Vox Humana

"ooha" wrote in message
What are the most inexpensive sources of chemical fertilizers for high
nitrogen application?

Unbranded, inorganic fertilizers that you can purchase at places like feed
mills.

Old 06-07-2004, 07:02 PM
David Ross

ooha wrote:

What are the most inexpensive sources of chemical fertilizers for high
nitrogen application?

Because my soil and water tend to be alkaline, I usually use
ammonium sulfate, which is acidic. This is a high nitrogen
(21-0-0) fertilizer that is inexpensive (under $5 for 20 lbb).
However, you have to be very careful when using this as it can burn
tender roots and even foliage.

If alkaline soil is not a problem for you, try urea (50-0-0). I
use this on my compost pile (mostly brown matter) because the
sulfur in the ammonium sulfate inhibits the microbes that decompose
dead leaves.

I also use whatever is the "cheapest" lawn fertilizer I can find at
a local building-supply store. By "cheapest" I mean it has the
most amount of nitrogen per dollar, nitrogen being the nutrient
most deficient in my soil. (Take the first number (e.g., the 21 in
21-0-0), use it as a percentage to multiply the total weight of the
bag to get the pounds of nitrogen, and divide the result into the
price to get dollars per pound of nitrogen.) I use this not only
on my lawn but also in my flower and shrub beds to supply both
nitrogen and other nutrients. BE CAREFUL: Do NOT use lawn
fertilizer that contains any kind of weed killer in your flower
beds.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See http://www.mozilla.org/.

Old 07-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Christopher Green

"ooha" wrote in message . ..
What are the most inexpensive sources of chemical fertilizers for high
nitrogen application?

If you need fertilizers in commercial quantities, contact nearby
feed-and-seed stores or whoever supplies farmers in your area.

If your needs run just to home use, whoever sells sulphate of ammonia
or nitrate of ammonia the cheapest is your man.

(If you need nitrate of ammonia in quantity, be prepared to
demonstrate that your need is consistent with the quantity ordered and
that your intended use is a proper one.)

--
Chris Green
Old 07-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Bob S.

"ooha" wrote in message . ..
What are the most inexpensive sources of chemical fertilizers for high
nitrogen application?

Why? You looking for bomb material?

help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 05:44 PM
Best Fertiliser Jack United Kingdom 4 22-03-2003 12:29 PM
fertiliser papa United Kingdom 2 26-02-2003 01:00 AM
Manure and Fertiliser Bart United Kingdom 9 16-02-2003 01:11 AM
Tiny garden surrounded by high buildings Eileen Cant United Kingdom 1 12-02-2003 05:32 PM