Old 08-08-2004, 08:59 PM
anonymous

Default Plum tree leaf problem

Hi,

I have a an 8 year old purple plum tree that has never had a problem
with it's leaves. However. today I noticed a large amopunt of leaves
espacially on the top half of the tree seem to being eaten by
simething. The leaves have a lace like appearence with a lot of small
holes in each.

Does anyone know what the problem is and if I should spray the tree
and with what?

Thank you very much.

George M.

Old 08-08-2004, 10:57 PM
David Modine

Japanese beetles do that to mine every year. If you don't mind messing with
poisen, Sevin works pretty well until the first rain after application.
Merit worked into the soil in the drip zone is somewhat effective, but it's
too late to do that now.

Old 09-08-2004, 05:29 AM
sherwindu

If it is Japanese Beetle attack, you can also use malathion or
pyrethrins. To keep the
spray working longer after a rain, you can add a 'sticker' to the
spray. Hope these
critters don't find my Stanley Plum tree.

Sherwin Dubren