Old 17-08-2004, 01:49 AM
HA HA Budys Here

Default Hibiscus devoured

Inchworms devoured a potted hibiscus on my deck over the course of a week while
I wasn't home. It now looks like a hibiscus skeleton. What can I use on the
hibiscus plants I have scattered throughout the yard, which are now also
begining to show signs of inchworm damage?

The devoured plant seems to be sprouting new leaf buds - any chance of it
surviving? I'm on Long Island, New York.
Old 18-08-2004, 01:13 AM
V_coerulea

The hardy hibiscus are very hardy in many ways. We cannot grow them her in
SC without spraying. Diazinon can damage most hibiscus. Use Orthene or
Dipel. Orthene controls for quite a good while. We get by with 3 sprayings/
season. Without them, we have just skeletons.
Gary

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote in message
Inchworms devoured a potted hibiscus on my deck over the course of a week

while
I wasn't home. It now looks like a hibiscus skeleton. What can I use on

the
hibiscus plants I have scattered throughout the yard, which are now also
begining to show signs of inchworm damage?

The devoured plant seems to be sprouting new leaf buds - any chance of it
surviving? I'm on Long Island, New York.

[IMG] code is On

Hydrangea devoured Ellis Morgan United Kingdom 8 16-05-2011 07:38 AM
The Deer have Devoured my Roses [email protected] Roses 4 10-07-2008 10:41 PM
Marigolds devoured [email protected] Gardening 6 14-09-2003 05:02 PM
hibiscus bushes alicia Gardening 1 01-09-2003 04:12 PM
Hibiscus pruning T.L.Miller Gardening 0 26-01-2003 01:54 PM