Old 26-10-2004, 10:19 PM
CorySW

Default My Cat Keeps Trying To Eat My Plant! What To Do???

Hi, I have this cactus succulent plant thing. I'm pretty sure it's
called a "Ledebouria".

Pictu http://flowers.foka.ru/Katalog/Image...uria_Title.jpg

The problem is that my cat keeps biting off pieces of it's leaves,
then the wole leaf like dies and falls off. It sucks cause like there
will be this nice new leaf starting to grow and it'll be like a half
inch tall, then I come home from school and look to see how it's
doing, and it's freaking gone!! The plant hasn't died yet thank God. I
can't get mad at the cat, cause she doesn't know what she's doing, but
I have to get her to stop. Has anyone else ever had this problem? What
should I do?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 27-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Sterling

I have one of these in a HANGING basket - that would keep the cat away!

I have seen very pretty plants displayed in a birdcage - that would work
also. Hanging basket is nice because the underside of these leaves is
interesting also.

Old 27-10-2004, 08:38 PM
CorySW

Wow, I never would have thought of that. (Seriously, I'm not being
sarcastic). But the box hanging from the ceiling might attract her
attention more than the original plant! Thanks for the advice!

Old 30-10-2004, 01:42 AM
TOM KAN PA

Since the cat has showed no ill effects from eating this plant, you (and
the car) are lucky. ____Reply Separator_____
The car????
Geez, I don't remember a car being in the mix.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 30-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Harri85274

How about feeding the cat LoL
Old 01-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Volfie

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Since the cat has showed no ill effects from eating this plant, you

(and
the car) are lucky. ____Reply Separator_____
The car????
Geez, I don't remember a car being in the mix.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Maybe he meant the cat would be yakking all over the car on the way to the
vet?

Giselle (one of those hack*hack*hack*hack*yakk! thingys, too)