Old 06-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Russell

Default fast growing flower for filming

hey, im interested in growing some indoor flowers and filming it at a
slow rate so that it will appear to be growing fast when i use the
video. do you know of any flowers that will grow in 1 or 2 weeks? if
not, what are some flowers that bloom during the day and close at
night? i would be willing to film that as well. thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:32 PM
SVTKate

One thing you could try is a Moonflower. Though they bloom in the evenin. I
believe that they are a member of the morning glory family, so you may want
to try something in that variety.

Kate

om...

Old 26-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Bill

On 11/7/04 5:32 AM, in article
et, "SVTKate"
wrote:

One thing you could try is a Moonflower. Though they bloom in the evenin. I
believe that they are a member of the morning glory family, so you may want
to try something in that variety.

Kate

"Russell" wrote in message
om...
| hey, im interested in growing some indoor flowers and filming it at a
| slow rate so that it will appear to be growing fast when i use the
| video. do you know of any flowers that will grow in 1 or 2 weeks? if
| not, what are some flowers that bloom during the day and close at
| night? i would be willing to film that as well. thanks in advance.

Dandelions open in the am and close at night... It is usually an outdoor
plant but maybe it would grow indoors...?
Bill

Old 26-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Marley1372

Gazania is one that opens in the morning and closes at night.

toad
Old 26-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Gary and Karen Manning

Purchase a Christmas cactus at your local box store. Most of them have buds
that is not open yet. The flowers will be open in a few days.

Gary

Old 27-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Gary

Maybe consider trying an amaryllis (?). They take a while to get
going, but once the stalk starts upwards, it grows quite rapidly until
it blooms (quite dramatically, I might add). This is a good time of
year to get amaryllis, since they are a popular holiday flower and are
readily available in a lot of places.
Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck!
Gary
Old 27-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Zemedelec

"Marley1372" wrote in message
Gazania is one that opens in the morning and closes at night.

toad

Night Blooming Cereus or Four O' Clocks.

Subject: fast growing flower for filming
From: "Gary and Karen Manning"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:22:59 -0500