Old 19-03-2005, 01:29 AM
woodrow

Default can i plant my cannas yet?

I live in zone 7 and although we are still having freezes, they are of
the 30 or 31 degree variety, not colder. Can I plant my cannas or do
I need to wait until it stops freezing at all?
Old 19-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Starlord

wait until the freezing is well past, a simple test, take a oven temp gague
and stick it in the ground, if under 40F don't plant, over 40 plant. Canna
are HEAT loving plants. I live in zone 8 High Mojave desert and can leave
mine in the ground as any freeze we get is just an hour or two and not deep,
so my canna store up food during the winter and by spring time start growing
new roots and shoots. I've already got new shoot above ground.

http://home.inreach.com/starlord/canna

Telescope Buyers FAQ

Old 20-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Cereus-validus.....

You pretty much answered your own question, didn't you?

No, you can't plant them yet.