Earthworms inside a house - please help

Old 21-03-2005, 09:15 PM
[email protected]

Default Earthworms inside a house - please help

After a 20 minute rain, my driveway and patio are literally covered
with hundreds of worms, all heading for my house. They find tiny
holes/cracks on the outside of the house and crawl inside, where they
completely freak out my 12-year old daughter.

We are amazed at the quantity of earthworms that seem to be
concentrated around our house. Is there any way to prevent the worms
from invading our house? I am getting sick and tired waking up to 10
worms crawling on my kitchen floor.

Thanks in advance.

Old 21-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Steve Wolfe

After a 20 minute rain, my driveway and patio are literally covered
with hundreds of worms, all heading for my house. They find tiny
holes/cracks on the outside of the house and crawl inside, where they
completely freak out my 12-year old daughter.

We are amazed at the quantity of earthworms that seem to be
concentrated around our house. Is there any way to prevent the worms
from invading our house? I am getting sick and tired waking up to 10
worms crawling on my kitchen floor.

Easy, fill in the holes and cracks. It'll help keep out ants, spiders,
rodents, and all kind of other animals, too.

steve

Old 21-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Doug Kanter

"Steve Wolfe" wrote in message
After a 20 minute rain, my driveway and patio are literally covered
with hundreds of worms, all heading for my house. They find tiny
holes/cracks on the outside of the house and crawl inside, where they
completely freak out my 12-year old daughter.

We are amazed at the quantity of earthworms that seem to be
concentrated around our house. Is there any way to prevent the worms
from invading our house? I am getting sick and tired waking up to 10
worms crawling on my kitchen floor.

Easy, fill in the holes and cracks. It'll help keep out ants, spiders,
rodents, and all kind of other animals, too.

steve

And, if you can't get the cracks filled quickly enough, a temporary fix
would be to sprinkle salt on the ground each crack. Regular table salt will
work. Just be careful around any prize plants you may have.

Alternative: Know any fishermen? Free worms. Life doesn't get any better
than that.