GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dog Urine on lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/93060-dog-urine-lawn.html)

Frank Solis 26-04-2005 02:21 PM

Dog Urine on lawn

Am temporarily keeping our daughters dog which is a female. Naturally,
it urinates at random spots on the lawn, leaving brown circles. I've
been sprinkling lime on the spots hoping to counter the acid of the
urine. What advice do you experienced grass growers have for me?
Please don't say get rid of the dog. I've already thought of that.

Frank

Phisherman 26-04-2005 02:49 PM

Dilute the spot with a couple gallons of water. Urine is not
necessarily acidic.

Dave Gower 26-04-2005 03:03 PM

"Frank Solis" wrote in message
Am temporarily keeping our daughters dog which is a female. Naturally,
it urinates at random spots on the lawn, leaving brown circles.

Like Phisherman says, water is the answer. I've got two large dogs and any
brown spots they make go away just fine. The only problem is that the areas
can be too green later.

Cereus-validus..... 26-04-2005 04:10 PM

Why do we always get this type of postings from webtvers?

Would certainly hope your daughter is a female.

You should turn off the freaking TV, get off your lazy butt and take the
bitch for a walk at least twice a day.

If your daughter is the one urinating in the yard, potty training is way
overdue.

Who told you that urine is acidic?

Then you put the lime in the coconut and mix them both together. Drink them
up and then you'll feel better.

[email protected] 26-04-2005 04:20 PM

unless the dog has a bladder infection the urine will be acidic. I would say
partition the yard with those little jam in fences and teach her to go potty in the
smaller area. then water to wash it down, or, mulch that area for now. Ingrid

wrote:

Am temporarily keeping our daughters dog which is a female. Naturally,
it urinates at random spots on the lawn, leaving brown circles. I've
been sprinkling lime on the spots hoping to counter the acid of the
urine. What advice do you experienced grass growers have for me?
Please don't say get rid of the dog. I've already thought of that.

Frank

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/puregold/
WEBSITE AT: http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/home.html
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Toni 26-04-2005 04:50 PM

"Frank Solis" wrote in message
Am temporarily keeping our daughters dog which is a female. Naturally,
it urinates at random spots on the lawn, leaving brown circles. I've
been sprinkling lime on the spots hoping to counter the acid of the
urine. What advice do you experienced grass growers have for me?
Please don't say get rid of the dog. I've already thought of that.

There is a great discussion on this at:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/p..._problems.html

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Doug Kanter 27-04-2005 03:56 PM

"Cereus-validus....." wrote in message
. ..

You should turn off the freaking TV, get off your lazy butt and take the
bitch for a walk at least twice a day.

Great. Screw up someone else's lawn. Pass the ammo, please.

[email protected] 27-04-2005 10:17 PM

Doug Kanter wrote:

Great. Screw up someone else's lawn. Pass the ammo, please.

I was working in someone's home for a week last summer. He has security
cameras set up inside and out. The outside is for his own entertainment.
This guy sits in front of the TV with a remote in his hand and watches
for people walking their dogs. If the dog gets on his grass, then he
hits the remote and the sprinkler system goes on. He thought it was
especially funny when the people got wet. Oh yeah, if it's after dark
the lights come on too.

Jean

Doug Kanter 27-04-2005 10:22 PM

wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

Great. Screw up someone else's lawn. Pass the ammo, please.

I was working in someone's home for a week last summer. He has security
cameras set up inside and out. The outside is for his own entertainment.
This guy sits in front of the TV with a remote in his hand and watches for
people walking their dogs. If the dog gets on his grass, then he hits the
remote and the sprinkler system goes on. He thought it was especially
funny when the people got wet. Oh yeah, if it's after dark the lights come
on too.

Jean

I want to buy that guy a bottle of wine! :-)

Some of the dog criminals here tell me "Oh...the first six feet belongs to
the town, not you. That means we can let our dogs stop there". Pass the
ammo.

[email protected] 27-04-2005 10:33 PM

Doug Kanter wrote:

I want to buy that guy a bottle of wine! :-)

That guy gave me the willies! How many people just sit and watch their
security cameras all day? Weird, definitely weird. He did have a
beautiful lawn though. ; )

Cereus-validus..... 27-04-2005 10:47 PM

Such criticism coming from somebody with nothing better to do than critique
newsgroup messages.

Its the pot calling a pot a pot.

Would you rather the dude used a pellet gun instead?

It would be easier if he just used a motion detector!!!!

Doug Kanter 27-04-2005 10:55 PM

Doug Kanter wrote:

I want to buy that guy a bottle of wine! :-)

That guy gave me the willies! How many people just sit and watch their
security cameras all day? Weird, definitely weird. He did have a beautiful
lawn though. ; )

Well, he obsessiveness is spooky, but his goal was a pure and noble one: To
cause discomfort to dog criminals. :-)

[email protected] 28-04-2005 02:24 AM

Doug Kanter wrote:

Well, he obsessiveness is spooky, but his goal was a pure and noble one: To
cause discomfort to dog criminals. :-)

I agree. I like the term, "dog criminals" too. My daughter lives next
door to people who have a pit bull who runs loose every morning. She
cleans it up out of her yard and throws it back in theirs. Been going on
for a long time.

Jean