Old 15-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Starlord

I've got TBIris and this year with all the rain, I had stalks up to 48inch
tall and they where not the ones to fall over, it was some old geman types
that had a few stalks go over and they where thin ones. So being tall is not
the trouble, not with me not losing any 48 inch tall ones to wind, the only
one of those that when over had the paw print of a cyolte by it.

Good TBI's have been bred for tall stalks and big blooms on them.

"PatK" wrote in message

I'm thinking it's more the size of the blooms than anything. They are
really big and the stems are at least 3 feet long and a bit thin. They
stand up find until the actual flower comes out and then they fall over.
I'll try staking them. This is pretty much the first year they've bloomed
with more than one or two flowers and I've had them for about five years.
Oh and, there's no sign of any kind of rot or slugs or anything that I can
see.

Pat

Old 15-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered User

Go to Lowes or Home Depot or Wal-Mart and get some interest in the green flowers of Article 38C, your gliding to a stem cell to the ground after you push the depth, you can (they are about two feet long, the larger is long Nearly 3 feet), and hold them upright. When the buds fully open, broken part of the flower, remove the support, and use it!
Pond Pumps