Old 21-07-2005, 03:15 PM
BillC

Default Irrigation question

We have a rock yard in a semi-arid region with 60+ shrubs and small trees to
water. Walking around and watering with a hose is a waste of time and I'm
wondering what the best irrigation system would be.

I would prefer some sort of low tech "fill a barrel, gravity feed" tube
system but maybe that won't work.

Does anybody know a good way to set something like this up?

Old 21-07-2005, 03:37 PM
G Henslee

BillC wrote:
We have a rock yard in a semi-arid region with 60+ shrubs and small trees to
water. Walking around and watering with a hose is a waste of time and I'm
wondering what the best irrigation system would be.

I would prefer some sort of low tech "fill a barrel, gravity feed" tube
system but maybe that won't work.

Does anybody know a good way to set something like this up?

Drip. You can bury the piping.
Old 21-07-2005, 04:08 PM

BillC wrote:

We have a rock yard in a semi-arid region with 60+ shrubs and small trees to
water. Walking around and watering with a hose is a waste of time and I'm
wondering what the best irrigation system would be.

You might look into orchard tubing with drip emitters. Standard ag stuff.

Nick

[IMG] code is On

irrigation well question rb Lawns 2 25-06-2008 09:35 PM
irrigation question rb Lawns 1 11-04-2008 05:39 PM
Irrigation system question Cuttysark Gardening 4 27-06-2006 01:31 AM
Irrigation contractor recommendations? And question... Andyd Texas 2 27-06-2005 01:00 AM
Question about irrigation system valve box Shrek Gardening 1 07-08-2003 03:02 PM