Old 07-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Sansevieria not cacti

Actually, they are commonly called "Snake Plants".

Your mother mixed up the two names. There is nothing about the plant that is
forked like a snake's tongue.

Tracey wrote in message
At least you didn't say "Mother's in Law Tongue"!!!

Oh, yeah, probably because my mother always called
those 'snake's tongue'...probably because we lived
right across the road from her MIL/my grandmother
and she didn't want us carrying *that* name across
the road.

Tracey

Old 07-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Tracey

Your mother mixed up the two names.

Or maybe it was intentional, a way to sneak 'mother-in-law
tongue' in there without actually say it.

Tracey

Old 08-03-2003, 12:56 AM
animaux

Actually, actually, it's called mother in laws tongue because it is as big and
flapping long as many mothers in law. Not mine, of course. Ya.

Old 08-03-2003, 04:20 AM
Tracey

They say that Sansevieria is a bad mutha................

There could be a song in that.

Tracey

Old 08-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Cereoid+10+

Maybe Isaac Hayes could write it?

Thought somebody would have known the next line...................oh well.
http://www.proguitar.com/bands/isaac...hafttheme.html

You've got to imagine the funky guitar on the wawa pedel playing in the
background.

Can ya dig it?

Old 08-03-2003, 04:44 PM
animaux

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:14:26 GMT, "Cereoid+10+" wrote:

They say that Sansevieria is a bad mutha................

Shutchaw mouth...I'm tawkin bout Shaft...wakca wacka (that's my wah wah guitar
in writing)!
Old 08-03-2003, 04:44 PM
animaux

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 10:09:57 GMT, "Cereoid+10+" wrote:

Maybe Isaac Hayes could write it?

Thought somebody would have known the next line...................oh well.
http://www.proguitar.com/bands/isaac...hafttheme.html

You've got to imagine the funky guitar on the wawa pedel playing in the
background.

Can ya dig it?

Right awn, right awn.

BTW, I wrote my very intelligent answer before I saw the responses, so on the
record I indeed did know the next line. I remember seeing the movie in the
Lowes Theater on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn when I was in the seventh grade.
When we, (me and my girlfriend Marie) left the theater, we were peeking around
corners holding our imagined guns. Wacka wacka!
Old 08-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Cereoid+10+

I thought Fozzy Bear went "wacka wacka"?

I guess he's a bad mutha as far as muppets go?

Old 10-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Trish K.

Sanseveria is desert looking to me and would contrast nicely with some
prickly pear-like. Also Many forms of cacti do well under intense
artificial light, fluorescent arrays wouldn't work unless you want to
bring out the plants for occasions, or raise the arrays, but two gas
spot lamps tastefully (and horticulturally) placed among art
suggestive of desert plants and landscape would allow a few cacti to
be grown, while you could switch over to a yellow spot to entertain.
Sandstone facing, I like this, but you have to be kind of
martha-come-edison to pull it off. Norfolk Island pine could work with
this mind-foil.

TK
Old 10-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Shadow

"Trish K." wrote in message
Sanseveria is desert looking to me and would contrast nicely with some
prickly pear-like. Also Many forms of cacti do well under intense
artificial light, fluorescent arrays wouldn't work unless you want to
bring out the plants for occasions, or raise the arrays, but two gas
spot lamps tastefully (and horticulturally) placed among art
suggestive of desert plants and landscape would allow a few cacti to
be grown, while you could switch over to a yellow spot to entertain.
Sandstone facing, I like this, but you have to be kind of
martha-come-edison to pull it off. Norfolk Island pine could work with
this mind-foil.

TK

Excellent suggestions. Thanks very much.

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.

[IMG] code is On

Sansevieria hahnii someone United Kingdom 2 28-02-2009 12:27 AM
Sansevieria (snake plant) and new growth Cereoid-UR12yo Gardening 1 06-07-2003 02:20 PM
Sansevieria Trifasciata animaux Gardening 4 14-04-2003 07:56 PM
Cacti Shadow Gardening 12 09-03-2003 05:08 AM
Leaf Problem: Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii' Larry Lucchetti Gardening 11 06-02-2003 01:31 PM