Replacement Carburetor W1-390

Old 10-02-2006, 03:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Replacement Carburetor W1-390

I have a Cement Mixer with a Wisconsin Robin 11 HP EY40 W1-390 Engine
with a Mikuni Carb.
The Carburetor has taken a crap. I think it may be beyond repair? The
seals and gaskets have dried out and there is corrosion in it. Does any
one know if the are any replacement carbs available. Mikuni does not
seem to make this carb anymore. I have tried all my local small engine
repair shops but they are drawing a blank.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

We have a carbureator place about 25 miles away. I've taken crusty old
carbs there from a Willy's Overland and an old Farmall tractor. They can do
wonders. I've cleaned up and done kits for a dozen or so tractors and small
engines myself but these were so bad I wouldn't even try it. There is
probably a similar place near you.

oups.com...

Old 13-02-2006, 01:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 2/10/2006 9:45 AM US(ET), Dan From TR wrote:

I have a Cement Mixer with a Wisconsin Robin 11 HP EY40 W1-390 Engine
with a Mikuni Carb.
The Carburetor has taken a crap. I think it may be beyond repair? The
seals and gaskets have dried out and there is corrosion in it. Does any
one know if the are any replacement carbs available. Mikuni does not
seem to make this carb anymore. I have tried all my local small engine
repair shops but they are drawing a blank.

Mikuni makes motorcycle and snowmobile carbs too. You might try those
suppliers too.

--
Bill
Old 14-02-2006, 01:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I have tried that, but they are a totally different type of carb and
they can not get this carb.
Thanks for the help anyway.

Old 14-02-2006, 01:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I don't have any shops like that around here. I have tried to contact
some online carb rebuilders but they would not rebuild it and do not
have any new carbs to replace it. If you could send me the contact info
on your shop? I could call them and maybe they could help out? This
small engine repair seems to be a very specialized business that not a
lot of people still do any more.

Old 14-02-2006, 05:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Dan From TR" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't have any shops like that around here. I have tried to contact
some online carb rebuilders but they would not rebuild it and do not
have any new carbs to replace it. If you could send me the contact info
on your shop?

Previously done - see my 2nd 2/12 post.

Old 15-10-2016, 05:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to Dan From TR, Hanksy wrote:
Did u find a carb?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-ga...-390-7780-.htm

Replacement for 12 hp Craftsman Riding Mower [email protected] Gardening 0 11-04-2005 02:53 PM
Lawnmower replacement blades? Jan-Martin Hertzsch United Kingdom 2 01-11-2004 03:54 PM
Buckthorn replacement? Max Gardening 6 30-09-2004 05:44 PM
Replacement for Ceanothus? Laurence Wilmer United Kingdom 1 05-08-2004 04:54 PM
source for market umbrella replacement? Smartakus Gardening 0 25-03-2003 09:08 PM