Old 10-05-2006, 04:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Default Green grass!

Steveo said:

Does anyone from webtv offer good advice?

Why not just killscore them?

!delete Message-ID webtv

^works here just fine.
--
Eggs

-Two aerial antennas meet on a roof, fall in love get married. The ceremony
wasn't much, but the reception was brilliant.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Default [OT] (was: Green grass!)

Steveo said:

wrote:
Steveo said:

Does anyone from webtv offer good advice?

Why not just killscore them?

!delete Message-ID webtv

^works here just fine.

Or people could not respond unless they're sure about their advice.

Or how they word it. =)

Kill-filter won't eliminate that bad advice to someone trying to do the
right thing with their little piece of the earth.

Yes, I agree somewhat that a group such as ahlg should probably have an
exception to my rule.

That being said, neither webtv nor G2 can be considered the sole sources of
bad advice in this group. But G2 is definately a portal for meaningless
trolls, spams, and other useless posts. Not to mention the formatting
issues wreak havoc with long-time USENET users. As do the sheer amount of
new users that don't bother to lurk a bit, looking for their answers, and
prefer to be spoonfed, all because Google made it "easier" for them to
access an information protocol that's older than (and worked better/safer
than) "www". Few new users seem to have patience in this day and age of "i
want it NOW". Rather than learn how it works, they just want to dive right
in and move on.

Picking up DejaNews' archiving was a good thing; creating a web portal to
USENET was not. I'll most likely keep a global kill on G2 posts

webtv... ahh that's another matter all-together. That's gotta just suck,
heh. There can't possibly be *that* many users that post here via webtv,
can there?

This group is -full- of bad advice.

True. I hope that my few posts aren't considered as such. Other than one
mis-worded post, and a differing of opinion on the same issue, I don't
think I've said anything that could be construed as "bad advice". *shrug*
At the same time, I consider this group to also be -full- of good advice.
It's sorting it all out that gets tricky. Same as any other ng, there.

--
Eggs

-A hair in the head is worth two in the brush.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:11 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

my brother sprays lawns to make them reen and grow and he uses amonium
nitrate... ......dont want to use a computer if it makes me lose all my
manners. lucas

Old 11-05-2006, 02:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jonny

"dyork" wrote in message
I want green grass! What do I put on it to make it green?

Around here because of some areas are low in iron, many recommend an iron
additive. The grass may be yellowish rather than green due to low iron in
the soil.
--
Jonny

Old 21-05-2006, 05:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom J

Jonny wrote:
"dyork" wrote in message
I want green grass! What do I put on it to make it green?

Around here because of some areas are low in iron, many recommend an
iron additive. The grass may be yellowish rather than green due to
low iron in the soil.

Just added a bag of 6% iron to my lawn 2 weeks ago. It's already
turned a dark green. Best results I ever got. I did put a bag of lime
down also.

Tom J

Old 27-05-2006, 03:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

"Rick & Dana Siekmann" wrote:
Yup, iron...just take a look at your local major league ball park and
you'll see the result.

Stupid hick.
Old 27-05-2006, 03:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Rick & Dana Siekmann

Yes...usually applied in liquid form.

That's what the major leagues use to make their turf look so good, iron?

Old 27-05-2006, 05:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Yure a pretty fart smeller.