Old 21-05-2006, 10:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
SJ

Default Lawn tractor

I hate to keep posting about buying a new tractor, but want to get an
opinion:

John Deere vs Cub Cadet and why. I think this will make my mind up.
thanks
Scott

Old 22-05-2006, 12:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

"SJ" wrote in message ...
I hate to keep posting about buying a new tractor, but want to get an opinion:

John Deere vs Cub Cadet and why. I think this will make my mind up.
thanks
Scott

I've made my mind up for sure good buddy.

Old 22-05-2006, 03:00 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mac Cool

SJ:
John Deere vs Cub Cadet and why. I think this will make my mind

Consumer Reports rates JD as most reliable. The Cubs are now made by MTD.
I bought the JD.
--
Mac Cool
Old 22-05-2006, 04:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom J

Mac Cool wrote:
SJ:
John Deere vs Cub Cadet and why. I think this will make my
mind

Consumer Reports rates JD as most reliable. The Cubs are now made by
MTD. I bought the JD.

I believe you'll find that not all John Deere tractors come out of the
Deere plant either.

Tom J

Old 22-05-2006, 11:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Mac Cool wrote:
The Cubs are now made by MTD.

They have been for at least the last 30 years.

Old 22-05-2006, 02:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mac Cool

Tom J:

I believe you'll find that not all John Deere tractors come out of the
Deere plant either.

I said as much yesterday but I have yet to find confirmation. If you have
a source to prove it I would like to know.

--
Mac Cool
Old 22-05-2006, 02:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mac Cool

Steveo:

Mac Cool wrote:
The Cubs are now made by MTD.

They have been for at least the last 30 years.

Didn't know that. I've never liked them but they have their fan club.
--
Mac Cool
Old 22-05-2006, 03:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Javier

Mac Cool wrote:
Tom J:

I believe you'll find that not all John Deere tractors come out of the
Deere plant either.

I said as much yesterday but I have yet to find confirmation. If you have
a source to prove it I would like to know.

I recently bought a JD 125. At least this model is made by JD in their
plant.

So far, I'm pleased with it. Nothing fancy, it cuts grass well, mulching
seems to be OK. I haven't added any accessories yet, so I can't comment
on them.

-jav
Old 22-05-2006, 11:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

IMHO, my $9000.00 Cub Cadet is no better than a
Murray/Roper/MTD/Craftsman/ECT... It's been back to the shop 5 times
for serious problems and has less than 180 hours on it. 2
transmitions, charge pump, steering and brake problems. I'll never buy
a CC again.
#$%^&()&%$^*%

zTim

Old 24-05-2006, 03:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes

"SJ" wrote in message
I hate to keep posting about buying a new tractor, but want to get an
opinion:

John Deere vs Cub Cadet and why. I think this will make my mind up.
thanks
Scott

My 9 year old JD GT262 with a 48 inch deck a 48 inch snow thrower and a
trailer that I lug around overloaded Is doing just fine - no problems.
Tomes

Old 24-05-2006, 04:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ether Jones

5-year-old White 42" with L-head Briggs (twin opposed) and hydrostatic
transmission.

180 hours on the meter.

Never been to the shop.

Used for mowing the lawn (approx 2 acres), brush-mowing trails in the
field and woods, and hauling dirt, yard debris, and tools.

It gets a fresh belly full of Mobil 1 synthetic every Fall before being
put to bed for the winter.