Old 23-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Registered User

Default When to sow?

Hello there

Much hard work over the last 2 weeks clearing, levelling etc. However the last couple of days have seen persistant rain almost waterlogging the area in parts. If I sow today for instance and it rains for the next week(bbc forecast) will I have waisted my time?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

niloc
Old 23-05-2006, 08:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

On Tue, 23 May 2006 10:16:58 +0000, niloc wrote:

Hello there

Much hard work over the last 2 weeks clearing, levelling etc. However the
last couple of days have seen persistant rain almost waterlogging the area
in parts. If I sow today for instance and it rains for the next week(bbc
forecast) will I have waisted my time?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

niloc

As long as your seed doesn't wash away, you'll be just fine. You may need
to spread hay over the seeded area to help keep the seed from washing away.
Good luck.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info/
Old 24-05-2006, 01:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

niloc wrote:
Hello there

Much hard work over the last 2 weeks clearing, levelling etc. However
the last couple of days have seen persistant rain almost waterlogging
the area in parts. If I sow today for instance and it rains for the
next week(bbc forecast) will I have waisted my time?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

niloc

What are you about to sow, grass seed? Where do you live?
Old 24-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Registered User

thanks Timothy

Sowing grass Buckinghamshire UK.