Old 25-05-2006, 03:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Suggestions for backyard trees

I wanted to know if anyone could suggest a few types of flowering
trees, medium growth rate, zones 5-6 that reach a maximum height of no
more than 15-20 feet. I'm partial to the Japanese Cherry Blossom
because of its looks (and no fruit), but I think it will be too big for

my backyard. I've got a huge maple that has tangled itself around the
power lines and will eventually need to be cut down so I'm thinking a
few smaller, flowering trees hopefully with no fruit that have a nice
fragrance would be great back there.

Thanks for the ideas-
Tim

Old 29-05-2006, 03:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Nicole

call your local cooperative extension. every state and county has one...
you haven't listed your state... so just do a search on cooperative
extension + your state
oups.com...