Old 29-05-2006, 02:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
tc88

Default Craftsman GT 5000 Deck Problems

I have a 1 year old GT 5000 With the 54" Deck and am now waiting for
the 3'rd New Deck to be sent to me for the bracket that holds the
Idler Pulley cracking.

Was wondering who else has had this problem?

I told the service guy it was a bad design when he replaced it last
time and he told me he had never seen that happen before on these.
Yeah right! The second new deck has only lasted about 10 mowings and
that cheap Bracket is already cracked in the same spot and is ready to
break.

This thing is used to mow about 3 acres of residential lawn that is
not rough and in great shape and this piece of crap can't even do
that.

The thing that fries me is they make you wait for a week or two to
have some guy come look at the problem, and then another week to UPS
me a new deck.

In the mean time I have to pay someone to mow my lawn which needs it
every 5-6 days at this time of year.

Thank god this is under warranty for another year. I want to return it
cause I am not going to spend $900 bucks for a new deck every year but
Sears does not care.

There customer service is atrocious, they just pass the buck till you
finally give up bugging them.

Never again would I buy a major item from Sears. Especially the large
mowers that they leave you hanging with for weeks while they so called
"take care of you".

Any ways enough venting, just was wondering who else has had this
problem with the 54" decks

--
Tim

Old 29-05-2006, 10:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
RB

We just bought a hydro 54" deck Craftsman for mowing at our church. We have
5 acres. We also have new Cub Cadet ZRT 50. I like 'em both.

However, both have quit, with 9mos service on 'em. Like you said, we're
right in the thick of things with the yards.

Our Craftsman engine quit. I changed the air filter and plugs. Both plugs
were oil fouled. One was wet. Not good. Hope it's rings that haven't
seated yet. Fired it back up. Ran sort of OK, but not totally right. If I
can keep it going, I'm gonna run it 'til it quits, and then the warranty
guys will have the problem.

The Cub Cadet mows great, but recently started losing power on the left
pump. Should get it back from the shop next week. Not sure what the fix
was.

No Craftsman deck problems yet. They're pretty light and thin, though.

Old 30-05-2006, 12:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
GrtArtiste

"Any ways enough venting, just was wondering who else has had this
problem with the 54" decks"

There are several Crapsman fans over at Garden Web

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/tractor/

Try posting your tale there.

GrtArtiste