Old 29-05-2006, 04:40 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
dave

Default echo string trimmer fuel hose is 'riddled like swiss cheese' & won'trun (pic posted)

my echo string trimmer won't run for longer than ONE SECOND, no matter
-what- I do. one (of the three) fuel lines is riddled with numerous
pinholes - the pinholes only "squirt out sideways everywhere" when the
primer bulb is pushed. might those tiny holes ALONE cause it to be
unable to run longer than a second? not at all clear to me which fuel
line serves what purpose on this machine. "otherwise all conditions are
good to go" on the dern thing. baffling.

I posted a good clear captioned pic of this at

http://machines.awardspace.com/echo_hose_questions/

are these tiny black fuel lines 'off the roll' stuff at mower shops? or
is this a 'proprietary deal' type thing?

thanks guys,

toolie

--
for replies by e-mail please remove the weirdstuff from my address
before you click 'send'. thanks :-)
Old 29-05-2006, 04:55 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
Benbo

"dave" wrote in message
my echo string trimmer won't run for longer than ONE SECOND, no matter
-what- I do. one (of the three) fuel lines is riddled with numerous
pinholes - the pinholes only "squirt out sideways everywhere" when the
primer bulb is pushed. might those tiny holes ALONE cause it to be
unable to run longer than a second? not at all clear to me which fuel
line serves what purpose on this machine. "otherwise all conditions are
good to go" on the dern thing. baffling.

I posted a good clear captioned pic of this at

http://machines.awardspace.com/echo_hose_questions/

are these tiny black fuel lines 'off the roll' stuff at mower shops? or
is this a 'proprietary deal' type thing?

You can use 'generic' fuel line of the correct size, but it must be approved
for fuel (or it will dissolve or start a fire).

Old 30-05-2006, 02:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default echo string trimmer fuel hose is 'riddled like swiss cheese' &...

i saw the fuel line kits at home depot yesterday.