Old 05-08-2006, 12:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default tomato plant problem ??

Two palnts were doing well on our back yard deck.
Within two days most of the leaves had shriveled and turned brown.. We
discovered five or six green caterpillar looking insects (approx 2 inches
long) on the plants. Any idea what these were and what can we use to prevent
this next year ??

Thanx for any replies

Old 05-08-2006, 01:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Norm Irvine wrote:
Two palnts were doing well on our back yard deck.
Within two days most of the leaves had shriveled and turned brown.. We
discovered five or six green caterpillar looking insects (approx 2 inches
long) on the plants. Any idea what these were and what can we use to prevent
this next year ??

Tomato Horn worms. A little powder such as Sevin or Eight will get rid
of them.

Try Seranade on the plants to cure the fungus that is killing the lower
leaves.