Old 16-04-2003, 07:20 PM
rb

Default which pump is best?

Moved into a 20 yr old house. It has what looks like the remnants of a
pretty good sprinkler system fed by dedicated well, on 10000 sq ft of lawn.

No pump is on the well. There is a 2" pipe at the surface. Neighbors tell
us most of the wells in that area were drilled in the same timeframe, and
were drilled to approx 60'.

I assume the 2" pipe eliminates a submersible pump. Is this correct?

If this is the case, then what type (centrifugal, axial, etc) of pump will
be best for us?

Neighbors also report that some of the wells have started pumping high sand
content. This would lead me to believe we'd either have to have the well
reworked, or have a pump with a tougher than usual impeller, because of the
corrosive effect of the sand flow.

Based on the above, what are a couple of brands of pump that would be good
for me to use, and what are a couple of sources of these kinds of pumps?