Old 19-10-2002, 06:37 PM
Paul

Default B&S Vanguard starting problem

Anyone know how I can hotwire a lawn tractor with a B&S 14 HP vanguard
engine? The ignition switch is completely corroded. I can get the starter
to turn the engine over, but it will not continue to run.

Thanks for any help,

Paul
Old 19-10-2002, 10:15 PM

Paul wrote:
Anyone know how I can hotwire a lawn tractor with a B&S 14 HP vanguard

engine? The ignition switch is completely corroded. I can get the
starter to turn the engine over, but it will not continue to run.

Thanks for any help,

Paul

The wires that go to the ignition switch can be hooked up to a normally
open(momentary)switch. Or in a pinch you can just short the terminals with
a screwdiver,just long enough for it to start.(hillbilly master key) g

--
God Bless America - http://members.aol.com/flyitproudly/flag.html

go #40 Usenet Newsgroup Service
Old 20-10-2002, 12:53 AM
not me

best to replace the switches that are corroded. To bypass (or hot wire as u
say) will defeat the saftey switchs in the tractor which could make the unit
unsafe to use.