Mystery Foam Growth in Grass

Old 20-07-2007, 04:00 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Mystery Foam Growth in Grass

I have this substance that is in my lawn, in a few places. In the past, I
have seen a spot or two, this week about 5. It starts like a yellow foam,
then turns into a clump of yellow "stuff". I've taken a few photos....any
idea what this is.

http://xigiff.smugmug.com/Other

Old 20-07-2007, 10:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Lar said:

Mbt6 wrote:
I have this substance that is in my lawn, in a few places. In the past, I
have seen a spot or two, this week about 5. It starts like a yellow foam,
then turns into a clump of yellow "stuff". I've taken a few photos....any
idea what this is.

http://xigiff.smugmug.com/Other

Slime mold.

Specifically, Physarum polycephalum. It's actually a single cell, with
millions of nuclei. It'll turn brown in a couple days, and any disturbance
will release a cloud of spores. Unsightly, but harmless. =)

--

Eggs

Can I yell MOVIE in a crowded firehouse?