Old 19-02-2003, 03:57 PM
J Dubb

Default Compost Pile / Barrel

I am interested in starting a compost pile for my 12x6 garden, flowerbed,
and 5 small trees. I want to build or purchase something that is efficient
in decomposition and somewhat pleasing to the eye. Any recommendations that
you can offer in something suitable for my use is much appreciated? Thanks
for your time. Happy Gardening.

A Georgetown TX Green Thumb

Old 22-02-2003, 02:27 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:57:49 -0600, J Dubb wrote:

I am interested in starting a compost pile for my 12x6 garden, flowerbed,
and 5 small trees. I want to build or purchase something that is
efficient in decomposition and somewhat pleasing to the eye. Any
recommendations that you can offer in something suitable for my use is
much appreciated? Thanks for your time. Happy Gardening.

Most any container will work for composting as long as it has air flow.
What makes a composter 'efficient' is you. You must tend to it regulary,
feeding it new material, turning it and watering it. For the size of
garden that you have, you could get away with an earth machine.
http://www.cetsolar.com/earthmachine.htm
It's not beautiful, but it looks better than a chicken wire composter....

Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Lawns 1 05-05-2003 11:58 PM
Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Texas 1 05-04-2003 12:11 PM
Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Texas 1 28-02-2003 05:26 AM
Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Gardening 2 20-02-2003 05:27 AM