Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Disaster Lawn! What can I do? (photo)

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7...0930ay0.th.jpg

That is my lawn.

I have two dogs, and i dont know if they are the only reason (please tell me!) but they are one of the reasons why it looks like this. It was fine when I bought the house in november...

So what can I do?

I want to try and save as much money as possible so I only want to returf the garden as a last option.

What can I do to bring my lawn back to life?

Thankyou
Kirsty
Old 03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Registered User

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7173/1000930ay0.jpg

Hopefully that will be a bigger photo.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Disaster Lawn! What can I do? (photo)

its a real problem keeping two dogs on a lawn that size and not kill
the grass.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin
Franklin

Old 04-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Registered User

That garden has taken a turn for the worst alright!

The yellow area, had it been covered for a long period of time with something extremely heavy? such as a shed...

This garden is recoverable, but with the way it is now i would say maintenance isn't hugely favoured.

Have a look at this site on Artificial Grass, iit's so easy to install and doesn't take up any maintenance time.

I think i'm considering buying some myself

http://artificial-lawn.co.uk/gallery.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstypro View Post

Old 04-04-2008, 01:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 4/3/2008 8:43 AM kirstypro said the following:
'[image: http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7173/1000930ay0.th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/yq6jwb)

That is my lawn.

I have two dogs, and i dont know if they are the only reason (please
tell me!) but they are one of the reasons why it looks like this. It
was fine when I bought the house in november...

Dog urine will do that, and especially female dog urine.
Check he http://tinyurl.com/4jtnnu
A yard that small would probably be better off with pavers.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Old 04-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Registered User

River rock or gravel and put plants in containers then it won't look so bad. Getting rid of the dogs would help.

http://propagatingperenials.blogspot.com