Old 17-06-2008, 04:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Tomato Rot?

I have notice that one of my tomatoes has developed rot at the bottom of
this tomato.

The tomato plant is a Aunt Ruby's German Green. The outdoor temperature has
been in the high 90's. No others are showing this problem.

Is this just a bad tomato or should I be worried about this problem?

http://www.MoeJones.info/garden/tomatorot.jpg

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Old 17-06-2008, 09:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

You could put some powered milk around the plant for quick fix but a
little lime will take care of it for the rest of the summer. If you
water, water the soil, not the leaves.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 17-06-2008, 09:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Moe Jones" wrote in message
I have notice that one of my tomatoes has developed rot at the
bottom of this tomato.

The tomato plant is a Aunt Ruby's German Green. The outdoor
temperature has been in the high 90's. No others are showing this
problem.

Is this just a bad tomato or should I be worried about this problem?

http://www.MoeJones.info/garden/tomatorot.jpg

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Thanks

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Old 07-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered User

HI,

I have suffered this problem myself along with blight which occurs when there is bacteria in the water supply or the humidity is too high. I solved it by buying an led grow light with ultra violet leds fitted as this kills all bacteria and bug and solved my problems. You can buy them form various place but i found the best one was High Quality LED Grow Lights High Growth High Yield as they are professional and know what they are talking about. I bought a 300 watt supanova but best to call them as they will advise you what is best for you. I hope this helps as it has certainly cured my problems.

rot rot rot [email protected] Orchids 29 30-03-2006 09:56 PM
Tomato fruit rot Toby Gardening 9 12-09-2004 06:38 PM
Tomato brownish ends NOT BLOSSOM END ROT Dan Edible Gardening 2 28-07-2004 07:02 PM
tomato "blossom end rot" what to do? (thanks) Lynn Coffelt Edible Gardening 3 12-05-2003 04:32 AM
tomato "blossom end rot" what to do? (long) Frogleg Edible Gardening 3 01-05-2003 05:32 AM