GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/176890-transmission-problem-peerless-h2000-006a.html)

[email protected] 15-07-2008 01:45 PM

Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A

Hello:

My mother-in-law has a Husqvarna mower with a Peerless H2000-006A
SilentTrac transmission. It stopped moving so she replaced the drive
belt. This did not fix her problem. I cleaned the exterior of the
transmission and it will not go into gear. There does not seem to be
any exterior mechanical problem with the transmission and everthing on
the outside is working correctly.

here is a rubber plug which I suspect is for oil. I would like to
replace the oil.

What type of oil is used in this unit?

Is there a replacement kit for servicing the unit?

Is there anything else that can be replaced on the transmission?

Is there anything else that could be the likely cause of the problem?

Thanks.

[email protected] 16-07-2008 12:47 AM

Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A

i think tecumseh has a kit for fixing that,bellows and fluid. t man at
perr.com forum was tecumseh rep. lucas

[email protected] 21-08-2015 08:28 PM

On Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 7:45:03 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hello:

My mother-in-law has a Husqvarna mower with a Peerless H2000-006A
SilentTrac transmission. It stopped moving so she replaced the drive
belt. This did not fix her problem. I cleaned the exterior of the
transmission and it will not go into gear. There does not seem to be
any exterior mechanical problem with the transmission and everthing on
the outside is working correctly.

here is a rubber plug which I suspect is for oil. I would like to
replace the oil.

What type of oil is used in this unit?

Is there a replacement kit for servicing the unit?

Is there anything else that can be replaced on the transmission?

Is there anything else that could be the likely cause of the problem?

Thanks.

The coupling that connects the pump to the gearbox is the most likely problem. Requires separating the two units. Special tool required to re-assemble. Coupling is less than $20 but tool is about $40. Gearbox uses 85w90 gear oil, pump uses 10w40 synthetic.

Vitter 17-06-2016 08:44 PM

Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A

replying to daytonl1, Vitter wrote:
I may need to disassemble one. What is the part number for the tool you
mentioned, and who carries it, online or otherwise? Thanks ahead of time.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-ga...06a-16525-.htm

Vitter 17-06-2016 08:44 PM

Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A

replying to firebat, Vitter wrote:
If you took off either one of the rear wheels to fix a flat for example, there
is a square key that sits on the axle that drives the wheel. If this is
missing, tractor wont go anywhere.

Alanduqu 15-10-2018 10:44 PM

Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A

replying to daytonl1, Alanduqu wrote:
The kIt did not work for mine which slips on uphills. Did cost a lot to try
though and made it worse.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...06a-16525-.htm

Kevin 08-05-2019 04:44 AM

Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A

replying to Vitter, Kevin wrote:
I have a Craftsman Lawn Tractor (model 944.604880) with a hydro-static
transmission (Peerless 2000-006A). Last summer, reverse seemed to operate
slower than I recalled and this spring, I seem to have lost reverse. Forward
works fine, but when moving the lever to reverse, it will not go all the way
back and only moves for a few inches before stopping and making a noise. If I
keep driving it forward and periodically trying reverse, it will work in
reverse normally again but the problem returns after rest.

Could this simply be low fluid level in the pump or transaxle?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...06a-16525-.htm

Oakdbreakup 09-07-2019 12:14 AM

Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A

replying to Kevin, Oakdbreakup wrote:
Most likely it is the transfer gears and switching mechanism inside the trans.
Im in the process of looking for the trans parts to fix or im gonna junk it
cause im not paying 400-650$ for a new trans.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...06a-16525-.htm