Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A

Old 15-07-2008, 12:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A

Hello:

My mother-in-law has a Husqvarna mower with a Peerless H2000-006A
SilentTrac transmission. It stopped moving so she replaced the drive
belt. This did not fix her problem. I cleaned the exterior of the
transmission and it will not go into gear. There does not seem to be
any exterior mechanical problem with the transmission and everthing on
the outside is working correctly.

here is a rubber plug which I suspect is for oil. I would like to
replace the oil.

What type of oil is used in this unit?

Is there a replacement kit for servicing the unit?

Is there anything else that can be replaced on the transmission?

Is there anything else that could be the likely cause of the problem?

Thanks.
Old 21-08-2015, 07:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 7:45:03 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hello:

My mother-in-law has a Husqvarna mower with a Peerless H2000-006A
SilentTrac transmission. It stopped moving so she replaced the drive
belt. This did not fix her problem. I cleaned the exterior of the
transmission and it will not go into gear. There does not seem to be
any exterior mechanical problem with the transmission and everthing on
the outside is working correctly.

here is a rubber plug which I suspect is for oil. I would like to
replace the oil.

What type of oil is used in this unit?

Is there a replacement kit for servicing the unit?

Is there anything else that can be replaced on the transmission?

Is there anything else that could be the likely cause of the problem?

Thanks.

The coupling that connects the pump to the gearbox is the most likely problem. Requires separating the two units. Special tool required to re-assemble. Coupling is less than $20 but tool is about $40. Gearbox uses 85w90 gear oil, pump uses 10w40 synthetic.
Old 17-06-2016, 07:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to daytonl1, Vitter wrote:
I may need to disassemble one. What is the part number for the tool you
mentioned, and who carries it, online or otherwise? Thanks ahead of time.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-ga...06a-16525-.htm

Old 17-06-2016, 07:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to firebat, Vitter wrote:
If you took off either one of the rear wheels to fix a flat for example, there
is a square key that sits on the axle that drives the wheel. If this is
missing, tractor wont go anywhere.