Old 03-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Die Dpammer !!!

Default To kill a pine tree...

so what is their reasoning for keeping the tree? why do they want it so bad when
you offered to take it out yourself?

Old 03-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Tim Fischer

"Die Dpammer !!!" wrote in message
ummm posts on top are more important then the what is replied to on the
bottom ....

Nice try....

Uh, no. Read any netiquette book on top-posting.

-Tim

Old 03-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Tim Fischer

"Bart" wrote in message
m...

Let's make you the owner of this tree. So, which would you prefer, Tim? Would you like me to sue you for all the damage your tree is doing to my property,

Sure. I'd like to see the judge that awards "damages" due to tree roots in your lawn.

or would you rather let me pay to have it removed?

No way, unless you want to give me thousands of dollars in addition to compensate for the loss of value to my home, and my loss of enjoyment of the
tree.

It is going to be gone, eventually.

Sure -- in a few hundred years, hopefully.

I feel I have a perfect legal right to destroy the roots that are in my yard.

NO. Read up on this you are incorrect. This is the same subject as tree limbs overhanging your property -- you can't remove them if it would have any chance of killing the tree. Removing roots to any significant degree would certainly kill the tree.

Are you one of those tree huggers?

Absolutely not. But I don't see the need to remove a valuable tree just because there's a few roots in the hard. Doesn't this tree provide ANY benefits to you? Beauty? Shade? Windbreak? Most people LIKE trees in/near their yard.

Don't you give a damn about your neighbors?

Rhetorical question -- doesn't deserve answer.

-Tim

This thing is a real problem. Not only to the value of my property, but personal safety for both homes. I live in a high lightning strike zone.

DUH...

Bart

Tim Fischer wrote in message

"Bart" wrote in message
m...
But the roots are in my yard...

Yeah, that's how trees work. DUH.

-Tim

Old 03-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Tim Fischer

"Die Dpammer !!!" wrote in message
Oh jees, this guy must have just got his first tracer program LOL

Newbies.... can't kill'em, can't get through to em.

I'm hardly a newbie. I've been on the internet since 1994, and active in
this group, on and off, for at least five years.

-Tim

Old 04-03-2003, 02:15 AM
Bart

"Bart" wrote in message
m...
Let's make you the owner of this tree.

So, which would you prefer, Tim? Would you like me to sue you for all

the
damage your tree is doing to my property,

Sure. I'd like to see the judge that awards "damages" due to tree roots

in
your lawn.

How about a crack in the foundation of the house? How about roof damage
from the sap? How about a destroyed sprinkler system?

or would you rather let me pay to
have it removed?

No way, unless you want to give me thousands of dollars in addition to
compensate for the loss of value to my home, and my loss of enjoyment of

the
tree.

pfft... a different kind of tree could provide as much - with far less
damage to my property.

It is going to be gone, eventually.

Sure -- in a few hundred years, hopefully.

Wood bores and other insects will take it out sooner than that. One
lightning strike could have it falling on my house and killing someone.
I've already had to break off some dead branches.

I feel I have a
perfect legal right to destroy the roots that are in my yard.

NO. Read up on this you are incorrect. This is the same subject as tree
limbs overhanging your property -- you can't remove them if it would have
any chance of killing the tree. Removing roots to any significant degree
would certainly kill the tree.

oops...

Are you one
of those tree huggers?

Absolutely not. But I don't see the need to remove a valuable tree just
because there's a few roots in the hard. Doesn't this tree provide ANY
benefits to you? Beauty? Shade? Windbreak? Most people LIKE trees

in/near
their yard.

Nope. No benefit at all. Most folks in the neighborhood have removed their
giant pines because of lightening fears and liability problems.

Bart

Old 04-03-2003, 02:15 AM
Bart

Die Dpammer !!! wrote in message
so what is their reasoning for keeping the tree? why do they want it so

bad when
you offered to take it out yourself?

It isn't bothering them.

Bart

Old 04-03-2003, 07:42 PM
John

Just tell them you're putting an underground swimming pool in. Dig a hole to
take out the roots. Add a little salt. Say, "Well, it's going to be more
expensive than I thought to build a swimming pool." Fill the hole in, and
wait for it to die.

Old 05-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Tim Fischer

"John" wrote in message
Just tell them you're putting an underground swimming pool in. Dig a hole

take out the roots. Add a little salt. Say, "Well, it's going to be more
expensive than I thought to build a swimming pool." Fill the hole in, and
wait for it to die.

I realize that you're not being serious, but this, too isn't legal. It's
illegal to kill a neighbors tree, even if done from your property.

In fact, this was the subject of an episode of "Dave's World". They wanted
to put in a pool, but it was going to kill their neighbor's tree, so they
had to get her permisison:
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...561/epid-24690
/

-Tim

Old 05-03-2003, 04:51 AM
will

I like to see happy trees, but I also agree that within reasonable
extent.

I don't see somebody bringing you to court, investigating the death of a
tree, or really making that huge of a deal about a huge tree like that
dying.

I don't know exactly what it takes to kill a tree, but they have
mentioned sal****er.

If I were you, I'd go buy plenty of salt.

Just back off of the whole tree thing with them, act like everything is
ok.

When it starts to die, they'll hire an arborist and pay tons of money to
get it removed.

Let them have it their way.

You can only try to be civil so many times.

=will=

Old 05-03-2003, 05:03 AM
Tim Fischer

"John" wrote in message
It's only illegal if you get caught.....

OK, so my neighbor puts in a swimming pool near my tree, after complaining
about my tree and asking to cut it down, and now my tree dies. I'm not
supposed to suspect any coincidence?

I think he'd be "caught".

-Tim

Old 08-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Leroy

Perhaps the proper request would have been to ask how to turn the sap off.
Tieing a small loose chain aorund the base of the tree and
allow a small very busy dog to test the strength of the chain. The small
dog will get bigger and you may need to know just what size of chain to buy
as he or she gets older.

As time goes by Someone is going to think that pine tree is a fire hazard
and will beg you to cut it down.. Some neighbors may beg you or offer to do
it them selves.
Depends on your neighbors. Dont leave your dog unnattended some one may try
to rescue it for the dispicable person who would dare tie a dog to a tree.

Old 23-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Registered User

OH God.. don't do the salt!! I did that and it left a terrible yellow/white ring around everything in the area.. grass.. weeds.. man.. it looked deliberate. There are a lot of ways to kill the darn thing. Keep bumping the roots with your lawn mower and oops! Don't you see bug infestation right there that needs spraying?

I killed a couple of my trees/bushes by accidently pouring Muiatic Acid off the side of my deck. AND it had been diluted with water!! It started showing signs of distress aobut two weeks later. I KNEW what I had done and had to pay for it... you could try that. These tree huggers haven't a clue what you are going through. I do.. And I am going to do what I can to 'get it' done.. sue me....
Old 29-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Registered User

Hey Bart, I feel your pain!!! Stop listening to Tim the tree hugging Liberal, take down the tree that I know is making your life miserable. Just because you wrote in a blog that you want to do it isn't grounds for evidence. That would have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. dont be seen and you should be ok.
Hey Tim, mind your own business u sissy!!

To kill a pine... mike505 United Kingdom 2 18-06-2015 07:43 PM
To kill a pine tree... Bart Lawns 32 23-01-2007 08:45 AM
pine tree for pine nuts jay jay United Kingdom 3 04-10-2004 07:37 AM
[IBC] Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-01-2004 09:28 PM
Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Dish Gardening 4 03-01-2004 08:42 PM