Old 29-03-2007, 05:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default recommendations for lawn sweeper

thinking one at Sears tow behind for my 38" Toro
one question 8 to 1 ratio on the sweep, will the gear reduction = more
sliding of the wheels say on a moist lawn ?
(lots of pines on 1.8 acres)

thanks
Mich...

Old 29-03-2007, 10:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Mich..." wrote in message
news
thinking one at Sears tow behind for my 38" Toro
one question 8 to 1 ratio on the sweep, will the gear reduction = more
sliding of the wheels say on a moist lawn ?
(lots of pines on 1.8 acres)

you'll definately want to do it when the gound is pretty dry. but you can
raise the brushes a little if the wheel locks up

Old 30-03-2007, 12:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
GWB GWB is offline

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:07:42 -0400, "Mich..."
wrote:

thinking one at Sears tow behind for my 38" Toro
one question 8 to 1 ratio on the sweep, will the gear reduction = more
sliding of the wheels say on a moist lawn ?
(lots of pines on 1.8 acres)

thanks
Mich...

I got a Con Agra from Northern Tool.

Old 30-03-2007, 02:04 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

GWB wrote:

[....]

I meant Agri Fab.

does that thing really work? I've been needing some
kind of tool for fall leaf pickup. for years I've mowed
them and let the mower bag them. with high lift blades
and slowing down to 2nd gear I get a clean pickup, but
the bags get full really quick.

Old 30-03-2007, 05:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
GWB GWB is offline

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:04:32 -0500, Jim wrote:

GWB wrote:

[....]

I meant Agri Fab.

does that thing really work? I've been needing some
kind of tool for fall leaf pickup. for years I've mowed
them and let the mower bag them. with high lift blades
and slowing down to 2nd gear I get a clean pickup, but
the bags get full really quick.

It works great. Luckily my neighbors have a burn pile.
I musta filled 30 cans with leaves. Picks up sticks too.
I dump it on the driveway then shovel it into cans and dump it on the
pile. I also sweep up the pine needles and bag em for mulch.
Old 30-03-2007, 06:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

GWB wrote:

Jim wrote:
GWB wrote:

[....]

I meant Agri Fab.

does that thing really work?

[....]

It works great. Luckily my neighbors have a burn pile.
I musta filled 30 cans with leaves. Picks up sticks too.
I dump it on the driveway then shovel it into cans and dump it on the
pile. I also sweep up the pine needles and bag em for mulch.

thank you very much for sharing with me this product
performance report.

I already know where the local showroom is located which
currently has on display an Agri Fab lawn sweeper unit.
an outting tomorrow with lunch incorporated into the
trip. g
Old 30-03-2007, 09:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Mich..." wrote in message
news
thinking one at Sears tow behind for my 38" Toro
one question 8 to 1 ratio on the sweep, will the gear reduction = more
sliding of the wheels say on a moist lawn ?
(lots of pines on 1.8 acres)

thanks
Mich...

All right here's what I bought, Sears High Speed 42" lawn sweeper holds,
18 bushels
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...BV Cookie=Yes

I did 14 piles knee deep each , I'm 5'7" so my knees are ?
in about 2.5 hrs, the hardest thing (after putting it together) was getting
the height right (if it is to low the wheels lockup allot!
I found with my 38" Toro the adjustment is about half way for the height and
third gear is the most effective.
The sweeper does not like mud and the mower also got stuck (about 5 inches
deep)
The sweeper will pickup allot of stuff, including but not limited to, pine
cones good sized sticks,
moss, snakes, frogs, toads, driveway gravel, small dogs, good sized cats,
and of course grass, & leaves.

Oh and if you look at the video you will notice the guy pulling the rope to
dump it, don't bother.
Of course I was filling it like real full and I could only pull it with two
hands so I just put the mower
in park and dumped it grabbing the top and bottom.(and the leaves were a
little wet)

Better than raking !!!

Mich...

Old 02-04-2007, 02:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Mich..." wrote in message

"Mich..." wrote in message
news
[...]

I've got the same 42" sweeper and pull it with a Craftsman 42" mover. I
always wait until the ground is dry and it sweeps up pine cones, pine
needles, sugar gum balls (or whatever the aggravating things are called!),
and leaves. Yes, wet leaves are a little bit of a challenge, but if you go
over the wet area a few times you'll get them! The tires will also drag if
you try to take it through too thick of a pile of stuff.

M2CW,
Hawkeye65

Old 03-04-2007, 07:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Mar 29, 8:04 pm, Jim wrote:
GWB wrote:

[....]

I meant Agri Fab.

does that thing really work? I've been needing some
kind of tool for fall leaf pickup. for years I've mowed
them and let the mower bag them. with high lift blades
and slowing down to 2nd gear I get a clean pickup, but
the bags get full really quick.

Managed to buy one used..it works so well it's breathtaking. It picks
up pine needles like the rake never did. I can sweep a load of
needles, & drive it over near the hedges to be used for mulch, and
then pick up a load of leaves & dump it over by the compost pile...try
doing that with a rake. It does in 30 minutes what used to take me 2
days.

I only use it maybe 4 days out of the year...I have to assemble it
before I use it and disassemble it when I'm done (lack of garage
storage space)...and even with all that it still earns its keep.

leaf sweeper worth it? Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 11 13-11-2011 08:52 PM
Lawn sweeper Jo Ann Gardening 11 15-10-2007 05:50 PM
Lawn Sweeper/Vacuum. sylvestrian United Kingdom 0 31-03-2005 06:07 PM
Lawn Sweeper Lewis North Carolina 0 10-10-2004 03:17 PM
lawn sweeper William D. Lawns 5 05-05-2003 10:58 PM