Old 19-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up Artificial Grass, Pros & Cons

The benefits of replacing a natural lawn with a synthetic surface are really endless. There are many frequently asked questions. A perfect lawn is hard to achieve even with near perfect conditions. Many attributes contribute to an imperfect lawn to name a few are; poor drainage, insufficient sun light, heavy foot traffic, pets and worm cast are just a few. Artificial grass truly is the answer to many committed and not so committed lawn lovers. Installing an artificial lawn can be carried out by a professional installer, qualified landscaper or a keen do it yourself enthusiast. The link will take you to a pictorial step by step method commonly employed. Installing artificial grass.

Reasons for the consideration are;

No more watering!
No more worm casts!
No more weeds!
No more worn or soil patches!
No more muddy feet!
No more scorching from the sun!
No more yellow patches left from the pets!
No more grass cuttings!
No more chemicals!
No more hard work maintaining!
More time on the lawn enjoying it!
An all year-round lush green lawn!

The new generation of fake or false grass products is the “3G” or third generation. New technology and yarns have superseded the illumines green carpet of old. Artificial grass often generically called Astroturf by the general public has been developed in an array of styles. Colour, density and length are the main differences between these products but all are made with the same fine yarns and quality in product and manufacture are equal.

It has to be said though that there are drawbacks from having an artificial grass surface installed, but I will give my counterstatement against these as I do believe they are just.

Worms won’t live under the surface.
This will deprive our native birds of their morning feast of lawn worms I agree, but it won’t stop them from visiting the lawn borders especially if there is mulch for them to search for insects. I love to see Blackbirds and Thrushes searching for worms so I have invested in a wormery or Vermicompost

More expensive than maintaining a natural lawn.
Yes I agree but over the lifetime of the surface the quality of time gained from not having to maintain the lawn is priceless and for me time has a greater value than cost.

Does heat up in very hot weather. I agree, but only with extreme conditions and direct sunlight. Sandals or flip-flops is the obvious answer just as one would were on a sunny beach.

Only has a life expectancy of 15/20 years.
Yes I agree. I expect to last around the same time and by then I wont be concerned about replacing it. If I move home I can always take it with me.

You can read more about EverLawn® on there webpage www.everlawn.co.uk, email or call 0845 3978461
Old 21-10-2009, 03:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Artificial Grass, Pros & Cons

--
EverLawn

If you can't stand the grass, get out of the yard
Old 05-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverLawn View Post
[...]

Nice information.
But Oh? Is that so?
Why spend a lot of money for an artificial lawn?
I love nature and any artificial thing that substitute any natural creation is not on my vocabulary.
You will feel the real satisfaction of having a natural lawn with natural grass over it, not with an artificial one.
Old 21-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered User

Smile

I recently got my front lawn done in artificial grass from a company called Verde - it was reasonable and looks great they have a list of suppliers and information on their website - artificial grass - It honestly isn't as expensive as you would think
Old 04-08-2010, 05:11 AM
Registered User

The pros of artificial grass are encouraging people to use the artificial instead of the nature ones. Artificial grass needs no maintainence works and the use of chemical is not necessary as well. Cut costs and works. People certainly want to consider using fake grass for their lawn.

Old 16-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I agree with most of what you stated except to for life expectancy. All legitimate manufacturers warranty it for 8 to 10 years. Expected life on athletic fields is 12-15 years max and this is the norm in the industry. Nevertheless, it is all good and getting better. Checkout the wonders being built at Southwest Greens with our synthetic turf grass Turf Grass | Golf Green | Synthetic Lawns | Artificial Grass | Artificial Putting Green - Southwest Greens

[...]

You can read more about EverLawn� on there webpage Everlawn Artificial Grass - Suppliers of Leisure, sport, home and play surfaces nationwide,
email or call 0845 3978461

--
EverLawn

[...]

Ya, I agree that there a lot of artificial grass companies that can supply you cheap grass and even can install for a very reasonable prices. Here is a Youtube channel that is giving more detailed information about it.
Old 21-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Banned

Location: Waltham

You need to spend quite a bit of money per sqm for artificial grass if you want it to look half decent.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

[...]

You can read more about EverLawn® on there webpage EverLawn® Artificial Grass | Sports & Leisure Synthetic Grass, email or call 0845 3978461
I am also planning for make better of my lawn, and this info is truly helpful for me.