Old 02-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Registered User

Default green thumb

Morning All. I have had a problem with Green Thumb (west notts) and am wondering if I am alone. We have used their services for 18 months. All was well until they applied their "Spring" dressing this year. Shortly afterwards my lawn began to die. After several attempts to contact them they came back and diagnosed the problem as "ant infestation and foxes". It would need "special" treatment. This was carried out but the lawn continued to die. They returned once more and advised me to water the lawn more.Three months later and several attempts to contact them by phone and email and they haven't returned. My lawn is 80% dead and will need reseeding in the spring.
Have I just been unlucky or have any more of you had similar experiences?
Old 20-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymchenry View Post
Morning All. I have had a problem with Green Thumb (west notts) and am wondering if I am alone. We have used their services for 18 months. All was well until they applied their "Spring" dressing this year. Shortly afterwards my lawn began to die. After several attempts to contact them they came back and diagnosed the problem as "ant infestation and foxes". It would need "special" treatment. This was carried out but the lawn continued to die. They returned once more and advised me to water the lawn more.Three months later and several attempts to contact them by phone and email and they haven't returned. My lawn is 80% dead and will need reseeding in the spring.
Have I just been unlucky or have any more of you had similar experiences?
I am so bummed out that I can't make it. This is the only plant sale I go to because it's in the shade, free to get in, you get a free plant and the vendors are great!
To make up for it, I went to Dollins garden center in St. Pete. and bought a ton of plants. Really good plants and helpful people.
Have fun.
Fruit Trees