Old 17-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered User

Question Grass Cuttings

New here so please my I ask a question about grass cuttings, I am saving the last lot of grass cuttings in a black plastic bag, I've read somewhere the resulting juice/fluid can be used to green up a parched looking lawn, 'm not sure by how much it should be watered down
Old 21-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Lovelawn's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Northamptonshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
New here so please my I ask a question about grass cuttings, I am saving the last lot of grass cuttings in a black plastic bag, I've read somewhere the resulting juice/fluid can be used to green up a parched looking lawn, 'm not sure by how much it should be watered down
Hi Tonto,

I’ve heard about this before too! This blog post says you need one part water to two parts grass clippings. Frugal Gardening 101:: DIY Organic Fertilizer :: GettingFreedom.net

Let us know if it perks up your lawn, it’s certainly a cheaper (and eco-friendly) way to keep the grass green.
Old 21-08-2012, 05:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Grass Cuttings

On 8/17/2012 2:49 PM, Tonto wrote:
New here so please my I ask a question about grass cuttings, I am saving
the last lot of grass cuttings in a black plastic bag, I've read
somewhere the resulting juice/fluid can be used to green up a parched
looking lawn, -'m not sure by how much it should be watered down-

Grass clippings left on the lawn will decompose naturally and return
nutrients to the lawn. You don't have to go to the effort of making a
tea from them, unless you just want to experiment with that.

Old 22-08-2012, 03:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Aug 21, 12:39*pm, HellT wrote:
On 8/17/2012 2:49 PM, Tonto wrote:

New here so please my I ask a question about grass cuttings, I am saving
the last lot of grass cuttings in a black plastic bag, I've read
somewhere the resulting juice/fluid can be used to green up a parched
looking lawn, -'m not sure by how much it should be watered down-

Grass clippings left on the lawn will decompose naturally and return
nutrients to the lawn. You don't have to go to the effort of making a
tea from them, unless you just want to experiment with that.

Let's see. Black plastic bag filled with grass clippings.
Mix one part of the liquid from that with two parts water.
That should be enough to treat your lawn, assuming the
lawn is a couple square feet.....