Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered User

Default Lawn Weed - advice please

Hi, based in the UK and very new to gardening. I'm having trouble with the attached weed(?), growing throughout my lawn. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
Many thanks, Nick
Attached Thumbnails
Lawn Weed - advice please-img_1779.jpg
Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 9:29:28 AM UTC-4, Nick4771 wrote:
Hi, based in the UK and very new to gardening. I'm having trouble with

the attached weed(?), growing throughout my lawn. What is it and how can

I get rid of it?

Many thanks, Nick

|Filename: IMG_1779.JPG |

|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15678|

Nick4771

I'm im the US, not the UK, don't know the specific weed,
but there are herbicides available that most times don't require
identifying the specific weed. First question is if it's in turf
or other desirable plants? If no, then a herbicide that kills
everything, eg glyphosate (roundup). If it's in turf, then a
broadleaf weedkiller for turf will probably kill it.
Old 21-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Banned

Location: Waltham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick4771 View Post
Hi, based in the UK and very new to gardening. I'm having trouble with the attached weed(?), growing throughout my lawn. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
Many thanks, Nick
I use Relay Turf herbicide, it is available from Pitchcare online. I have found it deals with most lawn weds i have come across.
Old 21-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Banned

Location: Waltham

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrasshopperSean View Post
I use Relay Turf herbicide, it is available from Pitchcare online. I have found it deals with most lawn weds i have come across.
that should say weeds