Old 11-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Doe John

Default Newbie question: Need advice on tools for cutting down overgrown backyard

Hi:

I have a backyard that hasn't been mowed in 5 years. If it were only
very tall grass to cut down, then I wouldn't have any problem using a
weed whacker. However, in that time, small 'trees', about 6 feet high
have also planted themselves. Not sure if they are actually trees, but
the stems/trunks are about the thickness of small tree branches;thus a
weed whacker wouldn't do the trick.

I would need to uproot these small trees by hand. I don't know what
tools to use. Cutting them down woldn't be a problem because I have a
saw and a hand scythe. However, I also need to make sure they don't
sprout again so I need to get at them below ground also.But for a
newbie like me, what kind of tool is good for uprooting?

Thanks.

PS...in the morning, I could take a digital pic of the lawn and post
it..don't know if it is against group policy
Old 11-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Peter H

"Doe John" wrote in message
[...]

\
A newsgroup posting w/ a photo attached is called a binary and should only
be posted on newsgroups w/ binary in their name. You could post the photo
somewhere else on the net and then post the link though.

With regard to your gardening problem I would look for a friend w/ a 4x4
pickup and see if he/she could spare a few hours. I suspect than an f350
would make short work of your small tree problem.

Peter H