Old 09-09-2003, 02:17 AM
Alex J

Default Hunter Sprinkler head repair??

I have a bunch of these sitting around because after a while of use some
just seem to quit rotating. I have not found anything in the filter etc.
They just quit. Does anyone know how to revive these things? There must be
something that can be done...I'd hate to throw throw them out without trying
to fix them.

Alex

---

Old 10-09-2003, 07:33 PM
Chet Hayes

"Alex J" wrote in message ...
I have a bunch of these sitting around because after a while of use some
just seem to quit rotating. I have not found anything in the filter etc.
They just quit. Does anyone know how to revive these things? There must be
something that can be done...I'd hate to throw throw them out without trying
to fix them.

Alex

---

Sprinkler heads are relatively cheap and were never made to be
repaired. Like many things today, it's easier and more cost effective
to just replace them.
Old 19-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Tony S

Alex

Try taking the nozzle out of the head by backing off the set screw and
running the zone. The water pressure should pop the nozzle out. Then let
the affected head run without it for a couple of minutes. If you have
several heads not functioning, you'll need to rinse them one at a time due
to insufficient water pressure. Sometimes a collection of finer dirt which
has made it past the filter gets into the gears and stops them from
functioning properly. Increasing the velocity of water by letting more
water through the head should effectively rinse out the gears and proper
functionality should resume. If that doesn't work, try removing the head
(if it's a PGP) from the line and attach your garden hose to the bottom
after removing the fitting. The hose threads and the threads on the head
are both 3/4" but aren't exactly spaced the same so don't crank the head on
the hose or you'll strip the threads on the head. Be sure the nozzle is out
and open up your garden hose to rinse it out. Don't forget to put the
nozzle back in the head.

Good luck.
Tony