Old 30-08-2003, 04:33 AM
Oscar_lives

Default Poulan Pro Chainsaws any good?

Are Poulan chain saws any good for homeowners / occasional users?

Old 21-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Rivergoat

I doubt it. I just purchased the 2150 model Poulan. After using it for
about an hour I needed to stop it and go check on something else. I
went back to it no more than 10 minutes later and nothing, and I mean
nothing, would start it again. I spent about another hour trying but
it never started. I returned it to the store for a full refund and
will now go look for a quality product. Even the store rep admitted
"Poulan sucks."

Old 22-09-2003, 12:38 PM

So, if Poulan/Poulan PRO doesn't manufacture quality, reliable chain
saws, who does?

I would like to purchase a gasoline-powered chain saw that has a 20"
bar, is 42 or more CC's and weighs around 14 - 15 pounds (or less). I
plan on using the chain saw about 3 times per year; about 2 hours per
use. Lastly, I prefer not invest over $250, but probably will if I
can't find a quality product for this amount.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Old 22-09-2003, 07:32 PM
James Nipper

Yes, STIHL !!

--James--

Old 23-09-2003, 12:00 AM
Gary Lawrence

one word husky

Old 23-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Colbyt

"Steve W." wrote in message
one word STIHL

--

If you need a 20" blade, I agree.

Old 23-09-2003, 12:25 AM
Colbyt

"Steve W." wrote in message
one word STIHL

--

If you need a 20" blade, I agree.

Old 23-09-2003, 12:25 AM
Boots Crofoot

STIHL
"James Nipper" wrote in message
Yes, STIHL !!

--James--

Old 23-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Boots Crofoot

Old 23-09-2003, 01:02 PM

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations.

I was speaking with a gentleman last night who felt very strongly
about John Deere. John Deere? I didn't even know they sold chain
saws!

Anyway, he is recommending the John Deere CS56. What are you feelings
about this make and model?

Old 29-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Bill Nunnery

Poulan is in the same quality range as a Mac or a Homelite and a step below
Echo. If you want a very good quality saw that will last forever you need to
step up to a Stihl or Husquvarna. I made the mistake of buying a cheaper saw
and it lasted through one hurricane (cut up 4 trees and it fell apart). I
replaced it with a Husky 350 because I could get it for about $100 cheaper
than the equivalent Stihl. What a difference. This saw will outlast me.

Old 29-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Bill Nunnery

If I'm not mistaken Jonsered makes chain saws for John Deere. Both Jonsered
and Deere are in the same quality category as the Husquavarna and Stihl.
Having operated all but the Jonsered I like the Husky 350 the best for my
purposes but you can't go wrong with any of them. The CS56 is a 4.1 HP
professional saw that has very good power to weight ratio.

Old 30-09-2003, 02:37 AM
zero

A small Stihl for $300 - $350 is your best option and will perform well
beyond your expectations.

Old 30-09-2003, 02:40 AM
zero

A small Stihl for $300 - $350 is your best option and will perform well
beyond your expectations.

Poulan Pro Model 135 (Gas Edger) gecko Lawns 18 18-05-2008 04:56 PM
Aryan-American Independence Movement: Pro-Jewish/Pro-Israel Moderate White Separatism Darrick Ponds 0 14-01-2008 05:51 AM
Poulan Pro 260 Carburetor Adjustment vanlux Lawns 1 04-09-2005 08:25 PM
chainsaws jam Gardening 0 25-03-2004 03:42 PM
Poulan Pro Blower/Vac Shepherd Gardening 1 12-05-2003 02:32 AM