Help with damaged Tif-Green grass

Old 17-04-2004, 09:02 AM
DaViT

Default Help with damaged Tif-Green grass

I have a large yard with Tif green (summer type Bermuda). The lawn
were damaged by weeds. Most the area under the tree are now bare soil.

I would like to overseed with some type of summer bermuda grass.
What's type? I lived in the SW Desert. Thanks
Old 17-04-2004, 04:04 PM
cacahuates

DaViT wrote:
I have a large yard with Tif green (summer type Bermuda). The lawn
were damaged by weeds. Most the area under the tree are now bare soil.

I would like to overseed with some type of summer bermuda grass.
What's type? I lived in the SW Desert. Thanks

How could bermuda be damaged by weeds? Anyway, it sounds like your
problems is shade. Bermuda will not grow under trees, period. It will
not stand any shade at all.

Old 29-04-2004, 04:09 AM
Steve Parrish

Peanut is right, shade is a big no-no for Bermuda. If you want to stay with
a warm-season grass you might try St. Augustine. It can't go much further
north than zone 8 or southern zone 7, freezes out north of there. Your other
option might be to prune the tree up so that sunlight can reach underneath.
Tif varieties need at least 6 or 7 hours of sun a day.