Old 15-08-2004, 12:38 AM
David

Default Lawn Mower Belt

Hi

I am trying to find out what length of belt I need for Mastercut 21" lawn
mower (made by AirCap Industries), Model No. UP200/9821 C139C. The mower is
self propelled hence why I need the belt length or item no.

I bought the mower at a yard sale and it this is the only thing that is
wrong with it, no doubty why it was being sold. :-)

I checked on the web and found a goodyear equivalent belt, which I bought.
When fitted though the belt was too long :-(

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
David

Old 15-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Jim

Take a 1/4- 3/8 inch rope and tie it around your pully's where the belt
would normally go ..Tie the rope tight and have the pully's slack adjuster
adjusted so that there is still room for expansion as the new belt
replacement will expand with wear. After having the rope tied to the
pulleys, loosen the slack adjusting pully and take your rope in to any
hardware store that sells belts, they'll put your rope on a adjustable belt
sizing chart that will determine what size belt you need. Hope that was of
some help....Jim

Old 15-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Srgnt Bilko

You might want to check NAPA - they have a lot of cross-reference charts.
They have provided me with belts in the past from make and model#.

Old 15-08-2004, 02:17 AM
SJF

"David" wrote in message
link.net...
Hi

I am trying to find out what length of belt I need for Mastercut 21" lawn
mower (made by AirCap Industries), Model No. UP200/9821 C139C. The mower

is
self propelled hence why I need the belt length or item no.

I bought the mower at a yard sale and it this is the only thing that is
wrong with it, no doubty why it was being sold. :-)

I checked on the web and found a goodyear equivalent belt, which I bought.
When fitted though the belt was too long :-(

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
David

Be sure you get a *power rated* belt.

SJF

Old 15-08-2004, 03:08 AM
David

I shall give it a try.

Thanks for your advice

Self Propelled mower question (drive belt) Bruce Gardening 3 27-04-2005 11:23 PM
Lawn Mower Belt David Gardening 5 15-08-2004 03:08 AM
Drive Belt Tension on Honda Mower? Brian Feldmann Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:57 PM
Drive Belt Tension on Honda Mower? Brian Feldmann Lawns 2 26-11-2002 04:02 AM