Old 21-03-2005, 01:04 AM
James

Default Stopping Leak in Concrete Water Reservoir ??

I get water from a spring, and have water storage in a concrete tile, 30
inches wide and about 5 feet tall. I have used this for many years.

The concrete tile (similar to a culvert, but shorter) has developed a crack
down the side, and water is dribbling out. Luckily, my spring water flow
this time of the year is so good that I still have enough storage. But,
during the fall when the water flow is very low, this leak will make me lose
as much water as I get from the spring.

I would like to know if there is a way that I can repair this crack. I
have used Water Plug before, but I have used it in places where I needed to
fill an obvious hole or void. I don't know if I can get it to "stick" to a
crack, and I don't think the crack is wide enough for the Water Plug to
actually get into the crack itself.

Any ideas on this, on the best way to seal the crack ?? Should I be trying
to seal it from the inside, or the outside, or both ?? Is there a better
product for this application , other than Water Plug ??

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--