Old 19-07-2005, 02:32 AM

Default When to harvest banana peppers?

I picked my first pepper today (sounds like a tongue twister) but I'm not
sure if it was too soon. If it were straight it would probably measure 7-8"
and is about 1 1/2" is diameter near the stem. It's a nice lime green and
smells great. Was it ready?

Old 19-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

I picked my first pepper today (sounds like a tongue twister) but I'm not
sure if it was too soon. If it were straight it would probably measure 7-8"
and is about 1 1/2" is diameter near the stem. It's a nice lime green and
smells great. Was it ready?

Check out rec.gardens.edible for lots of good vegetable advice.

Our banana peppers are about 4-5" long, and we've been eating them in
salad and spaghetti sauce. They're alot hotter than we expected.

Our green peppers still have very thin walls, and with thise heat may
not get much better.
Old 21-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Mitch, you ever try the Italian Curly Peppers?

No...what are they like?

Banana peppers turning red Edible Gardening 3 04-09-2005 10:45 AM
Picking crunchy banana peppers? Chris Smolinski Edible Gardening 1 03-08-2005 08:31 PM
Banana Peppers Edible Gardening 0 22-07-2005 03:35 AM
Yellow Banana Peppers Flake Gardening 2 15-06-2004 04:03 AM
Help! Too many hot banana peppers! Bpyboy Edible Gardening 4 27-07-2003 01:22 AM