Old 18-07-2007, 07:17 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default another small tree to identify

Thanks to those who helped identify a tree I posted earlier. Here is
another one. This little tree is growing in a pot, it is about 3 feet
tall. I am hoping it might be a white oak from an acorn we planted,
but not sure.
Tree experts? Please weigh in. Thanks

upper 2/3 of tree:
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a84...small-tree.jpg

close up of leaves
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a84...ree-leaves.jpg

Old 18-07-2007, 08:42 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Looks like Baccaris.
See
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/trees/baha.html

What do you think?
Eileen

Old 20-07-2007, 02:41 AM posted to triangle.gardens

Thanks, after looking at a bunch of web images, it certainly could be
Baccaris.
I've never even heard of it. I will keep it long enough to see if it
blooms late in the summer this year or next.
Thanks so much for your help.

ncstockguy wrote:
Thanks to those who helped identify a tree I posted earlier. Here is
another one. This little tree is growing in a pot, it is about 3 feet
tall. I am hoping it might be a white oak from an acorn we planted,
but not sure.
Tree experts? Please weigh in. Thanks

upper 2/3 of tree:
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a84...=view&current=...

close up of leaves
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a84...=view&current=...

Identify small tree Paul Gardening 10 28-06-2011 11:14 PM
Identify small tree someone Garden Photos 2 15-08-2008 06:20 PM
Another Tree to identify (Link to pics) Me here United Kingdom 3 07-05-2006 05:49 PM
Newbie question: Small filter for small pond? angel toledo Ponds 4 22-04-2005 05:18 PM
[IBC] Another page of bonsai with small suiseki . marco favero Bonsai 0 18-07-2003 06:22 PM