Old 14-08-2007, 06:53 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default Battery powered sprayer

I found one for 8 bucks at Ace Hardware. It uses 4 AA batteries. It
looks like a regular pistol type spray handle, like you find in these
ready to spray producgts. The cap fits standard gallong jugs. The jug
windshield wiper solvent comes in words for me. I have one jug for
roundup, one for 2,4 D and one for liquid sevin. Now instead of mixing
a gallon at a time I can mix a quart. Cleanup is easy. remove it from
the jug plunk the weighted end into fresh water and flush it out. It
even came with 4 batteries and I have sprayed about a gallon and they
are still going, I plan to use some NiMh AA's that I have.

It would not be practical for more than a gallon of so at a time. The
sprayer does not have a wand so you have to bend over to apply it
withtout getting any drift. I have used it with sevin and 2,4 D so far.
With roundup I generally use more so I still use a 2 gallon sprayer for
it.

If you are swapping from jug to jug remember to hang onto the original
cap for the jug. With 2,4D I can mix a gallon and have it last for a
month. With Sevin I mix what I want, and I only have 12 hills of beans,
6 tomatoes, 4 pepper and some squash so about a third of a gallon was
good. I did have to find a teaspoon since an ounce was way too much
sevin. I used about one teaspoon in a third of a gallon.

is a garbage address.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:00 AM posted to triangle.gardens
MAC MAC is offline

I picked up a battery-powered sprayer attachment at Home Depot that uses
the same 18-volt Ryobi battery packs as my trimmer. It works great, and
it's really nice not to have to do the pumping thing, especially in this
weather. It holds about a gallon, which is plenty for the few rosebushes
I have in the front yard.

MAC

http://www.oneplustools.com/outdoor/p2400