Old 15-05-2008, 05:38 AM posted to triangle.gardens

Default got groundsel trees?

Thanks to some of the folks on this board we identified a small
evergreen tree as groundseltree, or Baccharis halimifolia. And now we
have noticed a bunch of smaller ones sprouting in the lawn as well.
Anyone know if this qualifies as an invasive plant? I like the fact
that it's an evergreen and could get 10 feet tall, or so. But, not if
they're going to be popping up everywhere.

http://www.alabamaplants.com/Whiteal...olia_page.html

Old 23-05-2008, 06:31 PM posted to triangle.gardens

That's interesting, thanks. Ours did keep its leaves and stay green
through the winter.
So I may do some more research. At any rate, keeping an eye on it.
Just wiped out a stand of eleagnus trees. Not anxious to let any more
invasives get started. One round of glyphosate in the late spring
usually is good until September or so on the likes of poison ivy and
invasives on our wooded lot.

On 2008-05-15, ncstockguy wrote:

http://plants.usda.gov/plantguide/pdf/pg_baha.pdf Not evergreen, not
invasive. Sounds like a wetlands shrub for erosion contol. Blooms in
Sept oct,

is a garbage address.