Old 13-02-2009, 06:24 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default Daffidols

Last fall I planted several pots with Daffidols. They have yet to
come up. I dug up one pot and there is growth of about one inch, about
3 inches from breaking through the dirt. Is it possible that they are
a late season variety?

MJ
Old 15-02-2009, 04:32 PM posted to triangle.gardens

We've had some unusually cold overnight lows this year. If the pots
have been outside, it may be that the cold temps have kept them down.
With this recent warm up, maybe they'll start to emerge. We do have a
bunch of daffodils in the ground that have come up by now, but not
blooming yet, probably because of the overnight lows.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Registered User

It depends upon their exposure. I live in Charlotte and the leaves came up with the warm weather in Jan. but no flowers yet but a neighbor whose plants face north are already fading. Give it time.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Is there any discussion on this list? I see only one message, nothing new.
Just wondering.
Cheers
Sue

--
bullthistle

Old 12-03-2009, 03:58 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Sue wrote:
Is there any discussion on this list? I see only one message, nothing new.

Yes. The traffic on this newsgroup varies with the season.
More is seen in the warm months, less in the cold months.

I sprouted sugar snap peas indoors, and planted healthy
sprouts on February 14.
Weeks passed, and no vines were seen. I feared the worst:
total crop failure.

Yesterday I looked closely and found many pea plants, all
one inch or less high,
all looking normal and healthy. I have no idea what
delayed their development.

Daniel B. Martin
Old 13-03-2009, 12:03 AM posted to triangle.gardens

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:58:23 -0400 in Daniel B. Martin wrote:

Yesterday I looked closely and found many pea plants, all
one inch or less high,
all looking normal and healthy. I have no idea what
delayed their development.

Too cold.

My snow peas had only about half germinate.
my sugar snaps had high germination rate.
Both just started poking through the soil this past weekend.
Ditto for the radish and other things.

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.
Old 13-03-2009, 12:54 AM posted to triangle.gardens

On 2009-03-12, Daniel B. Martin wrote:
Sue wrote:
Is there any discussion on this list? I see only one message, nothing new.

Yes. The traffic on this newsgroup varies with the season.
More is seen in the warm months, less in the cold months.

I sprouted sugar snap peas indoors, and planted healthy
sprouts on February 14.
Weeks passed, and no vines were seen. I feared the worst:
total crop failure.

Yesterday I looked closely and found many pea plants, all
one inch or less high,
all looking normal and healthy. I have no idea what
delayed their development.

They were just waiting until the cold weather passed. I planted mine in
the ground just before this last cold snap and I feared they all
rotted. I scratched a few and found sprouts and sure enough they were
cracking the ground a couple days later. Best germination I have had in
years.

Daniel B. Martin

is a garbage address.